Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

Either they have to cave and agree to the loan, or they have to pay comfortably over the odds so we can afford two knew CB's. I can't see this sorted before deadline because Brighton can afford to delay and test our nerve, and we can't afford to sell him without a replacement coming in. But £3m for a league one defender in the last year if his contract is good money, however much I want us to keep him.

5 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

Either they have to cave and agree to the loan, or they have to pay comfortably over the odds so we can afford two knew CB's. I can't see this sorted before deadline because Brighton can afford to delay and test our nerve, and we can't afford to sell him without a replacement coming in. But £3m for a league one defender in the last year if his contract is good money, however much I want us to keep him.

Where does the £3 million figure come from ?

22 minutes ago, NorwichExile said:

They aren’t going to pay £3 million and they don’t want him being coached by Warne as well as wanting some of that money back immediately from a championship club for a loan - expect Norwich to sign him on loan 30 seconds after we sell him for whatever we get.

It's interesting watching the highlights. Cashin got done twice by C-H for the first goal. The first one on the half way line, which he probably couldn't do too much about without fouling. Then he got completely out muscled inside the penalty area which lead to C-H having a tap-in. To balance that he made a crisp first time pass to start the move for the first goal and did a nifty tackle on Poku to start the move for the third. Oh yeah and scored too. Overall a good day - I think it shows he's still learning the game and has a few more years of improvement yet. Getting done by Clark-Harris isn't the end of the world - there isn't anyone better in this division IMO. I hope the club keep their nerve and don't sell, but money talks...

51 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

To be honest I know this wouldn’t be great but if accept £1.5-2m  + a huge sell on like 50%

knowing brightons development of players you could be looking at a potential future sale of say £10-20m 

No way they'd agree to a 50% sell on fee, I reckon 20% is the most we could get and that would be solid if he was sold on for 15-20 million if he developed well.

18 minutes ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

No way they'd agree to a 50% sell on fee, I reckon 20% is the most we could get and that would be solid if he was sold on for 15-20 million if he developed well.

3 million plus 20% maybe. If they make 15 million profit that would be another 3 million. However, how much profit did they make on Matt Clark? Ignoring loan fees, they actually lost money on him.

I like Cashin,despite his shortcomings,and he's one of our Academy successes but anyone who thinks his value will ever be in excess of £10m needs a bit of a reality check.It's the same with Knight and Bird.We build them up,over inflate their potential sale price then moan when we sell them to someone we consider not good enough.

From NewsNow quoting Mike McGrath of Daily Telegraph:Derby County defender Eiran Cashin has held talks with Premier League side Brighton Hove Albion ahead of a possible summer switch, according to journalist Mike McGrath. 

The 21-year-old has been the subject of serious interest throughout the summer window so far, with both Brighton and Norwich being linked on several occasions.

Edited by Arsene Titman
More info

23 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

From NewsNow quoting Mike McGrath of Daily Telegraph:Derby County defender Eiran Cashin has held talks with Premier League side Brighton Hove Albion ahead of a possible summer switch, according to journalist Mike McGrath. 

The 21-year-old has been the subject of serious interest throughout the summer window so far, with both Brighton and Norwich being linked on several occasions.

If he goes, fair play to him. I will be happy for him. I hope we do get the 3+ quoted and i hope he comes back on loan. Its a win win for all involved. 

8 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

If he goes, fair play to him. I will be happy for him. I hope we do get the 3+ quoted and i hope he comes back on loan. Its a win win for all involved. 

It ACTUALLY says Brighton are in talks about him. NOT that Cashin has personally held talks with them. A completely different scenario.

6 minutes ago, SILVERFOXTHERAMSFAN said:

It ACTUALLY says Brighton are in talks about him. NOT that Cashin has personally held talks with them. A completely different scenario.

Okay I didn’t say anything different to that ? I just said if he does, fair play ?