So who would we have then?

Gerry Daly

This is one hell of a pickle Clowes and I guess Pearce have got themselves into in terms of what approach to take if they are going to pull the trigger on Warne. For me if we are going to replace it has to be a caretaker manager and we find a progressive forward thinking Director of Football/Technical Director over the course of the rest of this season so we properly build for the future. We have 14 players out of contract (with possibly some gone in January). 

There is no need to rush into another 3/4 year contract for a manager if one is not available. I don't see a clear longer term candidate.

We shouldn't fall into 'Total Manager' structure like we have done with Warne when it comes to recruitment because for me it's outdated and it just ends up players that doesn't fit the next managers tactics. We suffered this under Mel. 

2 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

In 1995 Lionel Pickering appointed Jim Smith - there was significant opposition to his appointment at the time. Look how that turned out. 
That’s one of the reasons why I’m advocating Steve Bruce. Experienced manager with several promotions to his name. Some on here wouldn’t want him - probably the same people who didn’t rate Jim Smith. 

Season 1 Smh GIF by BET Plus

Cant say any names mentioned have been all that inspiring....Houghton, Bruce, Ainsworth, Warnock, Wilder - no thanks.

Cant say I know too much about Eustace style of play to comment.

Clowes must have known Warne's style of play was never going to please fans.

I want to see us play in a similar way to how we played under Mac 1 & Smith - pace & dynamism.

Only name I can think of in our league who tries to play decent football & we could entice is Mark Bonner but not sure he could handle a club our size either.

Dean Smith could maybe do a decent job, his football at Villa wasnt too bad

Edited by DCFC1388

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Warnock linked with the job

Can’t understand why anybody would want Warnock yet unless they are really worried about staying up.

Warnock is a short term approach for any team these days and perfect for a ‘until the end of the season’ appointment. I guess not many managers last longer than a season or two nowadays. 

Paddy McCarthy at Palace could be a shout.

Very highly regarded there and has been touted as a natural successor to Hodgson when he eventually calls it quits.

Palace reportedly knocked back an approach from Oxford before they appointed Liam Manning last season.

Would rather go down this route (See Ipswich and Kieran McKenna) than another Warnock type.

7 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Can’t understand why anybody would want Warnock yet unless they are really worried about staying up.

Warnock is a short term approach for any team these days and perfect for a ‘until the end of the season’ appointment. I guess not many managers last longer than a season or two nowadays. 

Short term, get us up type of approach.

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

Lined up for the QPR job. 

27 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I’d imagine QPR have moved Ainsworth on with Eustace already lined up. He would have been a good option for us. 

I've seen it's Warnock for QPR. Not sure why so many people are keen for Eustace, but I suppose I've not followed his management career. What's the attraction?