Sonny Bradley

DCFC Kicks

6 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Willing to give Bradley a bit of a pass so far, not being helped by whats in front of him.

Too easy for strikers to receive the ball into feet with nothing in midfield to screen or for the striker to drop off into space.

Is that going to change then (obvs if Bird's injury is serious or Warne sells him it will)?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is that going to change then (obvs if Bird's injury is serious or Warne sells him it will)?

It might is Warne stops his stubborn obsession with a back 3 and plays 2 central midfileders that provide the defence with an ounce of protection (which they don't get from Smith)

Edited by Gaspode

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I think it will. His midfield is currently offering zero protection, which is why I think Cash is struggling so much too. He also doesn't look comfortable in a back 3 at all, which is made even worse by the fact that he's isolated due to our wide CBs being instructed to stay wide and get forward whenever we've in possession. It's leaving him very exposed. I'm happy to eat my words on this if I'm proven wrong but I'm not quite ready to throw the towel in on Bradley yet. I think playing him in a back 4 with a functioning midfield will make him look like a totally different player.

13 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Willing to give Bradley a bit of a pass so far, not being helped by whats in front of him.

Too easy for strikers to receive the ball into feet with nothing in midfield to screen or for the striker to drop off into space.

Funny that, he's willing to give opposition strikers a lovely weighted pass too.

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bird is part of the problem. So are the whole midfield. That’s where we need to improve the most, keep getting outplayed in the middle by the likes of Wigan, Blackpool and Oxford who wants to keep any of them really!

Edited by McMuffin

2 hours ago, lrm14 said:

I think it will. His midfield is currently offering zero protection, which is why I think Cash is struggling so much too. He also doesn't look comfortable in a back 3 at all, which is made even worse by the fact that he's isolated due to our wide CBs being instructed to stay wide and get forward whenever we've in possession. It's leaving him very exposed. I'm happy to eat my words on this if I'm proven wrong but I'm not quite ready to throw the towel in on Bradley yet. I think playing him in a back 4 with a functioning midfield will make him look like a totally different player.

Is Cashin struggling due to the form of Sonny B or is he a player that has had his “Head turned”? There seems a growing feeling that Brighton want him for £3 m. They will do what they did with Clarke - leave him in the lower leagues until such time they can make a profit on him. Brighton always think of the cash coming in.

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Is Cashin struggling due to the form of Sonny B or is he a player that has had his “Head turned”? There seems a growing feeling that Brighton want him for £3 m. They will do what they did with Clarke - leave him in the lower leagues until such time they can make a profit on him. Brighton always think of the cash coming in.

He's not a cb in a three. Simple as that. Why is Nelson struggling has he had his head turned?

38 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

The Brighton stuff may be weighing on his mind but I think the biggest problem is he just doesn't have the pace to play one of the wide roles in a back 3, especially with the lack of protection from midfield. His best football in a Derby shirt came as part of a back 4 and I think if we revert to it his performances will improve dramatically, same with Bradley.

For me Cashin looks far better than Bradley head turned or not.   Bradley almost gave away a goal with his clearance and then a pull back on their player then was largely at fault for not going with the scorer of Oxford's first which came after his wayward headed clearance.  He's been a complete liability so far.