v Oxford United (H) Match Thread

Kernow

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But his whole philosophy is 3 at the back, his signings are all about 3 at the back…just can’t see him changing. I wish I could find some positives but struggling after tonight 🤔

That’s my point, if Warne is the manager he and Clowes believe he is then he can recognise we’re poor and change his approach. Go either 4-3-3 with Washington/Waggy/NML as the front 3, or if he insists on 3 at the back go 3-5–2 with Washington and Waggy up top, Forsyth Nelson and Cashin as the back 3. 
He’s paid to make those calls, he’s got to earn it now. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Not really a good excuse for being unable to play passes into feet though is it? 

You'd think not but no-one seems to know where they're meant to be, including NML and the players he's trying to pass to. He's had flashes of good play over the last 2 games but he still looks like a fish out of water half of the time.

Just now, REDCAR said:

Things are looking up, I lasted 75 mins tonight…. against Blackpool I was gone before HT… yeah I know the club doesn’t need “fans” like me but I’d rather be sat at home with my Y fronts on, half a pint of Skol watching Porky’s II.

Speaking of porkys, Warne will be on the radio soon.

Just now, jameso said:

You'd think not but no-one seems to know where they're meant to be, including NML and the players he's trying to pass to. He's had flashes of good play over the last 2 games but he still looks like a fish out of water half of the time.

There were several moments today that we were through on goal if he had looked up and put the ball across. Both times he had his head down and just aimlessly put it in. It's poor. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Not really a good excuse for being unable to play passes into feet though is it? 

He’s out of form I agree. But he isn’t going to get any form playing upfront. Stick him on the wing and let him run at their full backs and he’s a different player.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

There were several moments today that we were through on goal if he had looked up and put the ball across. Both times he had his head down and just aimlessly put it in. It's poor. 

Agreed. To be fair though, his crossing has never been a major strength!