Is Warne living on borrowed time?

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

What and we are well run atm?? My larger point highlighting that btw is also to make short work of your 'it's only been 3 games' defence of Warne. People are losing patience and after falling out of the playoffs as we did and now this start too, I can't blame them. 

People act like missing out on the playoffs was such major fault. It wasn't great, but we weren't good enough to go up or well equipped enough to perform if we had fluked it. 6th vs 7th isn't the major point that it's made out to be. We've started poorly, but f****** hell nowhere near the extremes people are painting it to be. 

Just now, Andicis said:

People act like missing out on the playoffs was such major fault. It wasn't great, but we weren't good enough to go up or well equipped enough to perform if we had fluked it. 6th vs 7th isn't the major point that it's made out to be. We've started poorly, but f****** hell nowhere near the extremes people are painting it to be. 

I said at the time I wasn't bothered as I didn't think we were good enough to go up. However, the collapse in form was concerning and now that form looks to be turning into a trend which he doesn't have any answers to stop. 

Did you watch the game tonight? Genuine question as that was probably the worst performance I've seen us give in the past decade and if you think otherwise you either didn't watch the game or know fu** all about football tbh. 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m beginning to think he might actually be Paul Warne. Or his dad maybe.

Remember that guy who turned out to be Bryson’s father in law or something? Hated McClaren he did

I met Brysons father in law, Jim, at Wembley.

Great bloke.

He received a text from his daughter (now Brysons wife) which said "McLaren is a banker", or words to that affect, when the team news was released.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

18 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I said maybe he’s like Clough to be fair, happy to admit I could be completely wrong on that

I think there’s a legitimate concern whether we are getting worse but don’t think it’s wise to decide a manager is making us worse before the end of the transfer window, this early in the season though. He’s not had the summer window he thought we were going to have and we’re under financial restrictions, I have a bit more patience than I would have in 2016

Understand the frustration but not going to bury Warne after three/four games

Ask me that again in October and you might get a different answer

Totally get where you’re coming from but it’s not three or four games, he’s been in charge since September.

Think he needs time to try and get it right, especially after we’ve let him sign seven players, but how we’re playing and some of his tactical decisions (Bird further forward, NML upfront, the missing link between defence and midfield to name just a few) are becoming increasingly more concerning. 

I am really starting to worry that McGoldrick’s freak season was masking a less than average team 😞

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Did you watch the game tonight? Genuine question as that was probably the worst performance I've seen us give in the past decade and if you think otherwise you either didn't watch the game or know fu** all about football tbh. 

Yes, I did, the full game. I've seen worse performances than that at Pride Park in the last decade. We've served up some s**** over the years. Yeah it was a bit s****. We were fine against Wigan and Burton. Not overly concerned about the cup. The ''agree with you or don't know football'' is also a s**** angle to take. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Totally get where you’re coming from but it’s not three or four games, he’s been in charge since September.

Think he needs time to try and get it right, especially after we’ve let him sign seven players, but how we’re playing and some of his tactical decisions (Bird further forward, NML upfront, the missing link between defence and midfield to name just a few) are becoming increasingly more concerning. 

I am really starting to worry that McGoldrick’s freak season was masking a less than average team 😞

1 win in 9 at home. That’s frankly shocking for a club with goals we have. 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m beginning to think he might actually be Paul Warne. Or his dad maybe.

Remember that guy who turned out to be Bryson’s father in law or something? Hated McClaren he did

You can criticise me for supporting the manager if you like, I'd take that against your approach of slagging absolutely every element of the club off relentlessly for the last 5 years mind. 

Just now, Andicis said:

Yes, I did, the full game. I've seen worse performances than that at Pride Park in the last decade. We've served up some s**** over the years. Yeah it was a bit s****. We were fine against Wigan and Burton. Not overly concerned about the cup. The ''agree with you or don't know football'' is also a s**** angle to take. 

In the context of who we were playing and given this was our first 11, it's definitely up there in the past decade. I'm struggling to remember a first half where we were so timid, so off the pace and clearly in desperate need of change apart from the covid season. It was more than a bit sh** it was an error-strewn sh** show with no grit, determination, or game plan where a third division opponent not only looked comfortable but bossed the game. 

You don't have to agree with me on why it was bad but i do question your ability to read the game if you think that was anything other than absolutely terrible. 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Warner’s record against the division’s better sides last season was woeful. There were major warning signs there. And we have kicked off this season with another set of poor home performances.

This isn’t out of the blue. Something just isn’t right. I struggle to see how we finish top six playing like this.

I’m sure DC didn’t plan to spend a few seasons down here rebuilding. 

If the general consensus is this is a top six squad. Then Warne has underachieved since the day he walked through the door. 

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Warner’s record against the division’s better sides last season was woeful. There were major warning signs there. And we have kicked off this season with another set of poor home performances.

This isn’t out of the blue. Something just isn’t right. I struggle to see how we finish top six playing like this.

I’m sure DC didn’t plan to spend a few seasons down here rebuilding. 

If the general consensus is this is a top six squad. Then Warne has underachieved since the day he walked through the door. 

This was a top 6 club if it was still 2017.  Far too slow and immobile in 2023. 

We’ve gone from a good footballing team with a soft underbelly to a team that has ‘winners’ with the ‘right attitude’ who can’t play football.

We have lost our pace and replaced it with pragmatism.

We get it wide without a presence in the penalty area to take advantage.

As cunning plans go, it’s up there with Baldrick’s finest.

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

In the context of who we were playing and given this was our first 11, it's definitely up there in the past decade. I'm struggling to remember a first half where we were so timid, so off the pace and clearly in desperate need of change apart from the covid season. It was more than a bit sh** it was an error-strewn sh** show with no grit, determination, or game plan where a third division opponent not only looked comfortable but bossed the game. 

You don't have to agree with me on why it was bad but i do question your ability to read the game if you think that was anything other than absolutely terrible. 

I said the same as you - I can’t remember a worse performance, personally, for a long time. 

Scunthorpe at home in 2010 was the only one that came to my mind.