Is Warne living on borrowed time?

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Nah come on now, some of the home performances under Paul Jewell were totally cringeworthy 

Yes but I am making allowance for the opposition. Losing 6-2 to Arsenal is not as bad as losing to Fleetwood. We drew against Man City under Jewell.. couldn't imagine that now. 

Just now, Sparkle said:

The thing I dislike about his interviews is when he starts going on about other teams and how they are good at this and that and how we might not be as good - it’s the third division, get a grip because it does nothing to improve optimism if we were ever promoted under him.

He absolutely lost me when he said we might not have as good a team as Oxford.

Not only are we derby effing county, we signed their head of recruitment. The absolute absurdity of that comment has annoyed me so much I've gone for another beer.

I WONDER WHO IS TO BLAME FOR THAT PAUL.

30 minutes ago, alram said:

tyler walker

alistair smith

regan poole

harvey knibbs

sam smith

jack whatmough 

do you want some more? it is a complete myth our only market is ageing journeymen, the whole division is signing younger players this is not a market that is closed to us

Maybe we tried to sign some of them maybe they wanted longer contracts or more money who knows 

12 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

You’re right I should have expected someone who has scored about as many goals as Eiran Cashin in the last two years to come on and do that - give over 

Edited by Jimbo Ram
That was a text to my mate 🤣

What gets even worse is the profile of players we have gone for if we don’t go up it will be a total rebuild again. We can’t sell players and reinvest the money. We wanted peak age fit players between 22 and 29 and players being linked are 30 and over. We need pace but we start with Collins bird smith hourihane and nml who looks bolloxed after 30 minutes. A left wing back in fozzy who has had 3 act’s and is expected to get up and down and has 0 pace. We sell our only box to box midfielder and haven’t replaced him and to top it off we bring Thompson on who can get around and play him at lwb 

2 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Not only are we derby effing county, we signed their head of recruitment. The absolute absurdity of that comment has annoyed me so much I've gone for another beer.

You 

Nobody forces you to drink 

Edited by Mick Brolly

6 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

We’ve gone through managers at an incredible rate this past decade and it’s never worked out. I feel like right now you have to hope this is just a new team that’s struggling to gel in a new system.

Don’t agree with the booing and calls for a sacking this early on in the season. 

I think the reality is that Warne won’t be going any time soon due to the financial situation and his track record

Can imagine he’ll be given until the end of this season. Maybe he’s the Nigel Clough type and we’ll need another manager to push what he’s building forwards? If that ends up being the case, I’ll be fine with it

I personally believe you need a period of stability in safe hands before you can have a period of long term success

However, I can at least understand why you’d want him out. That was an extremely bad performance, unusually poor even for this early in the season and the first few games have been eye opening as to where we’re at. Three promotions with Rotherham doesn’t count for any points and we look bereft of confidence.

I think it’s tough to say he’s he bad transfer windows due to the embargo’s but January wasn’t great, McGoldrick leaving looks bad and we look like we’ve completely failed to improve the squads obvious lack of physicality. Washington, Waghorn and Collins sounds horribly one paced.

Desperately need:

1. Sibley back

2. Athletic signing up top, whether that’s a big lad or a quick lad

3. Another creative midfielder

Can’t see us getting the quality we need anywhere else other than through loan signings, which is kind of praying for a couple of miracles.

Clough steadily improves sides. I think he has an amazing record of only finishing lower than the previous season 3 times in his management career. 

What is it about our performances this season that makes you think he's improving us?

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The thing I dislike about his interviews is when he starts going on about other teams and how they are good at this and that and how we might not be as good - it’s the third division, get a grip because it does nothing to improve optimism if we were ever promoted under him.

That really annoyed me tonight. The club the size of derby and our manager saying an Oxford team is better than ours. He was allowed to bring 7 of the players in. Should of known after he brought springett and Harvey white in what we were in for 

3 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

You can’t blame him for your need for a beverage