Michael Smith

DCFC1388

13 hours ago, Amberram said:

Personally think we need a Dean Sturridge type not the Empire State Building

I think edging closer to the deadline it's becoming clear we need a striker end of. I'll be seriously worried if we don't.

Hope the club have more nerve than I do and make the right decision otherwise I'd be signing the Burj Khalifa on a 5 year deal before lunch

12 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I think edging closer to the deadline it's becoming clear we need a striker end of. I'll be seriously worried if we don't.

Hope the club have more nerve than I do and make the right decision otherwise I'd be signing the Burj Khalifa on a 5 year deal before lunch

How are the negotiations going with Mick Lynch?

Hope I am wrong but looking less and less likely Smith will be joining, don't think Wednesday will budge on the deal, and looks like we don't have the funds/restrictions in place, to up our offer. 

Hope we have a good alternative as we deffo need another number 9 option. Fingers cross we get one over the line, in time. 

1 hour ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Hope I am wrong but looking less and less likely Smith will be joining, don't think Wednesday will budge on the deal, and looks like we don't have the funds/restrictions in place, to up our offer. 

Hope we have a good alternative as we deffo need another number 9 option. Fingers cross we get one over the line, in time. 

Way I see this, is that it’s extremely hard. We can’t spend, where do you go from there?

Realistically you’re looking at a youngster on loan, is that really what we need - no, but other than a buy now pay later, which is rightly not much incentive for the selling club, we’re back in the bargain bucket, full of aging, high risk crocks. 

6 hours ago, Terry Hennessy said:

IMO if this does get done it'll go right down to the last day...last hour... as per usual... 

I don’t think we can afford the luxury of chancing it. We need at least one striker in. We were 1 short before TJJ got injured and we let Brown leave. 

We need to bring the age down and sign some explosive players up top and then opts to chase a 32 year old who is only good in the air and a 35 year old who’s hamstrings are held together by elastic bands. Maybe closes sent in a business plan that he didn’t realise was just too strict, is only comfortable spending little money without selling players or we had to compromise on the plan. 

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

We need to bring the age down and sign some explosive players up top and then opts to chase a 32 year old who is only good in the air and a 35 year old who’s hamstrings are held together by elastic bands. Maybe closes sent in a business plan that he didn’t realise was just too strict, is only comfortable spending little money without selling players or we had to compromise on the plan. 

That meets Warnes requirements.