v Wigan (H) Match Thread

Day

3 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Only 743 tickets left now for home fans including 9 in the South stand and 10 in the East stand.

I think they will soon open up all the seats not usually on sale like block H in the west stand and the 4 blocks nearest the away fans in the East

Fantastic effort! I’m guessing with the safety restrictions that’ll be 31k. 🐏 

We got to the 31k against Oxford last season, but Oxford sold out their allocation and Wigan are around 1k short. Added to this, there now seems to be a reluctance from the club to sell match tickets in the 4 blocks closest to the away fans.

5 minutes ago, ram59 said:

We got to the 31k against Oxford last season, but Oxford sold out their allocation and Wigan are around 1k short. Added to this, there now seems to be a reluctance from the club to sell match tickets in the 4 blocks closest to the away fans.

I think it's a mistake to hold these back until other tickets are sold. Late deciders might well be reluctant to sit close to the away fans, whereas some Derby fans might very much enjoy the prospect and buy these tickets early, allowing others to buy late and still sit further away.

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think it's a mistake to hold these back until other tickets are sold. Late deciders might well be reluctant to sit close to the away fans, whereas some Derby fans might very much enjoy the prospect and buy these tickets early, allowing others to buy late and still sit further away.

I don't actually know, but if I was guessing, I'd imagine supporters in these blocks automatically requires more stewards. So, financially, makes less sense to sell these first.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I can't remember the full details, but weren't there 'issues' with some fans in this area, which has been alleviated by restricting further sales in those blocks? If this is the case, I can see the club's point of view and hopefully those causing the issues have already got tickets in the south stand where their behaviour is more tolerated. Any late sales in that area will be by the more 'casual' supporter who hopefully won't get too over excited and cause any disruption.🤞

27 minutes ago, ram59 said:

The full allocation for Wigan is 2,681 and they had already sold over 2,000 when they went on general sale on the 27th of July, so I don’t imagine they will be far short of selling out.

As I said previously I think they will open up those 4 blocks anytime soon but there isn’t many spare seats in there, 2 of them being next to me.

The amount of season ticket holders on holiday is the unknown factor, but I think we can safely say it will be the highest attendance in the whole of the football league on the day.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

The amount of season ticket holders on holiday is the unknown factor, but I think we can safely say it will be the highest attendance in the whole of the football league on the day.

Probably correct but if we include the Friday night fixture we might have to settle for second place.

Just looked at Sunday's fixtures. All three Championship games have the potential for a higher gate (with Leeds an odds on certainty).

Edited by Yoxoram
Additional information. Spelling correction.

15 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I’m off to Wembley on Sat 12th August and will be singing A Little Respect with 40,000 Hull Kingston Rovers fans in the Challenge Cup Final………

I’ve mentioned it for a few years on here and I think Inverurie Ram has finally landed a song at Pride Park….

I need a lie down……….

Would absolutely love the South Stand belting this out before the match starts. Come on DCFC play it over the tannoy system . Love it,love it,love it.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

The full allocation for Wigan is 2,681 and they had already sold over 2,000 when they went on general sale on the 27th of July, so I don’t imagine they will be far short of selling out.

As I said previously I think they will open up those 4 blocks anytime soon but there isn’t many spare seats in there, 2 of them being next to me.

I've noticed that a few individual tickets have suddenly become available in blocks previously sold out, I wonder if we've got to a stage whereby season ticket holders who can't attend have been able to let the club sell their seats and get a partial refund?

37 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

Probably correct but if we include the Friday night fixture we might have to settle for second place.

Just looked at Sunday's fixtures. All three Championship games have the potential for a higher gate (with Leeds an odds on certainty).

Hence ,on the day,😉

Just a little good news for you about the Pies, they’ve just lost Whatmough one of their best defenders to Preston on a 3 year contract so that should make things even easier for you? I think it will be Wanderers, You and Pompey fighting for the automatics as I can’t see any others that are enormously threatening although there’s usually one surprise. Barnsley are in a bit of a mess, lost several big players and replaced them from the National League and there’s now talk that Norwood rejected Wrexham and settled for Oldham. I still think Reading are in for points deductions, as I believe will Barnsley all of which will make things much easier. Anyway my hatred of the Pies knows no bounds so please give them a good pasting on Saturday.

18 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I've noticed that a few individual tickets have suddenly become available in blocks previously sold out, I wonder if we've got to a stage whereby season ticket holders who can't attend have been able to let the club sell their seats and get a partial refund?

I really don’t know where they keep finding them from but it’s back up to 761 now.