Paul Warne on Sportscene for full hour 1st August

Srg

5 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

That was a bit uncomfortable. Warne got a bit defensive there in response to another comment about the striker search.

Tbf, the person who messaged in started with ‘I am not looking forward to this season as our strikers a poo’ so I get why he responded how he did… 

What's Warney most proud of...interesting response. Inject a bit of fun and a bit of realism...inducing the correct culture. Warney is very interesting when he talks about culture...he's a serious student and what I call a proper "cultural architect" - I'd liken it to what Cloughie used to do ...without actually knowing it was that. 

Edited by Ellafella

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Do you seriously expect him to reveal any real details on a radio show?

I don’t mean targets etc I mean if we’d have one in before the weekend or what happened to the other player… I know he isn’t going to say we’ve got 500k bid in for x …

Talked about a change in culture - moving away from a bland all over white colour scheme at the training ground, ensure players respect the badge, on time to meetings, not shaking Warne's hand when subbed, mobile phone use, etc...

Players voted for the club captain (may not be a player who plays every week). To be announced on Thursday.

Just now, Topram said:

I don’t mean targets etc I mean if we’d have one in before the weekend or what happened to the other player… I know he isn’t going to say we’ve got 500k bid in for x …

Too many things not in his control to be able to say that...he made that call last week and said we'd have a striker in by "next" ie this week...hasn't happened.  

Warne hopes the team will be better at set pieces, more aggressive, not drop as many points against bottom sides, and be more creative against defensive sides. More shots on goal.

Bird has been brilliant. Thinks Bird did a lot off season as he was scared how tough pre-season would be under Warne.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Warne hopes the team will be better at set pieces, more aggressive, not drop as many points against bottom sides, and be more creative against defensive sides. More shots on goal.

Bird has been brilliant. Thinks Bird did a lot off season as he was scared how tough pre-season would be under Warne.

Speaks absolute Megavolumes about Birdy's professionalism and dedication...we so need to keep hold of Bird.