Jordan Rhodes - gone to Blackpool

Topram

17 hours ago, Macintosh said:

Shouldn't we all be thinking of Rhodes as being another McGoldrick? The similarities are there for many to see, yet mostly, the negatives are his scoring record is not what it used to be (if it was we'd need to find £5m), his hair is thinning and he can't run the 100m in under 11 seconds? A rotation of Collins, Washington and Rhodes, with a little bit of Dajourne Brown, maybe some Sibley and Barkhuizen thrown in, looks okay to me for building a squad to get us out of this division. At least most have heard of him, know what an excellent career he has had, and didn't have to look him up on Wiki.

Rhodes is nothing like Didzy at all …Didzy is a clever player who’s always had more about his game than scoring …Didzy could easily play as a 10

Rhodes is a striker and not a 10,doesn’t have the guile and vision that Didzy has and is predominantly a striker and not much else but definitely knows where the goal is 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Good morning is that Huddersfield Town Football Club? - Yes sir. How may we help you?

Can I speak to your payroll department please? Of course. Just connecting you sir.

Good morning, Payroll. How can we help you?

I would be grateful if you might confirm the weekly wage of Jordan Rhodes please?

How would you be spelling the surname sir?

R H O D E S

Ah yes, found him sir. Would you like gross or net figure? Gross will be fine thank you.

Well, Mr Rhodes is currently earning £8100 per week, but he may have other benefits. Is that all you need?

No you have been ver, ... well actually, it might be useful if you might also confirm the weekly wage of your two highest paid footballing employees, and perhaps Duane Holmes?  Of course sir, how would you be spelling the latter's surname .......

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Good morning is that Huddersfield Town Football Club? - Yes sir. How may we help you?

Can I speak to your payroll department please? Of course. Just connecting you sir.

Good morning, Payroll. How can we help you?

I would be grateful if you might confirm the weekly wage of Jordan Rhodes please?

How would you be spelling the surname sir?

R H O D E S

Ah yes, found him sir. Would you like gross or net figure? Gross will be fine thank you.

Well, Mr Rhodes is currently earning £8100 per week, but he may have other benefits. Is that all you need?

No you have been ver, ... well actually, it might be useful if you might also confirm the weekly wage of your two highest paid footballing employees, and perhaps Duane Holmes?  Of course sir, how would you be spelling the latter's surname .......

Now that you've divulged all of that information, what price would you put on keeping quiet a major data breach? What's that? You'd be willing to give us one of the players as hush money, but it has to be Duane Holmes?

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

We of course don't know the figures, but I think it fair to assume that Rhodes is probably already on at least £15k p.w. with HTFC, with 1 year still on his contract. He will want a 2 year contract minimum to come to us, and I doubt at any lower wage. When I read that our budget is perhaps similar to last year I smile, because I suspect Sonny Bradley is not far from silmilar terms. These are quite big numbers for a League 1 side.

I think it is highly unlikely that any player is getting 15k a week in this team. £10 k will be top dollar. They may have promotion bonuses on top 

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've come round to the idea of signing Rhodes and if we get him I will probably throw a party 🥳 

Just in case anyone gets carried away, people should refrain from singing to the tune of Kings of Leon "this Rhodes is on fire"...because it isn't nice and totally inappropriate.

Blimey. He's gone topical. 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Maybe Jono; your guess is as good as mine.  

I’m basing mine on the cap that appeared to exist when we started up. Was it 4 or 5 k per week ? And then knowing Burnley have a club max wages and have had for many years. I think that was in the region of 20k 

But yes .. it’s a guess. It’s unproven speculation on my part but I think outside parachute championship clubs and legacy contracts nearing an end, the big wage thing in the lower leagues isn’t quite what it was. 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Doesn't sound like they are waiting for a replacement then.

Possibly trying to come to an agreement with him to end his contract early.

Jordan Rhodes has scored 10 goals in the last two seasons 

been on the downward slide since 2017 just saying is this the future ?  He won't hit 25 goals to get you outta this league thats for sure 

3 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

been on the downward slide since 2017 just saying is this the future ?  He won't hit 25 goals to get you outta this league thats for sure 

Of course it's not the future. Unfortunately for our future to get any brighter we need out of this league. So we need a short term fix. We don't have money to spend so there isn't a great deal out there.

We don't need him to hit 25 goals mate.

We need him to chip in. If all 3 strikers can get 10-15 goals each then that's fine. 

We're in League One.

Other ones mentioned like Afobe and Assombalonga are similar in the respect that their careers have taken a bit of a nosedive. But all three would potentially be capable of 10-15 goals in League one imo.

17 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

And assuming wiki is right Didzy scored 9 and 2 in his last 2 seasons before coming to us and CKR 5 and 1 in his two seasons before becoming a Ram and cult hero. Your point is.....?? 

16 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

I think you fail to see the significance of style of play. Jordan Rhodes is a goal scorer IF the style of play fits with his skill set.

in recent years we saw Chris Martin fall out of favour (and goals)  because he wasn’t getting the kind of chance that he could profit from. Vydra endured a torrid early start to his Derby career under Pearson but came good under a different style. Funny how Collins is scoring from open play now isn’t it ? 

I don’t know what sort of striker Rhodes is but if Warne thinks he will suit our new set up then I’d back Warne all day. He knows what he wants and slowly is picking the tools to do that job. … is that Rhodes ? Only Warne knows for sure