Jordan Rhodes - gone to Blackpool

Topram

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Has anything happened between page 2 and page 12, please? 

(Would like to know before wading through it all.)

Nothing really aside from @Big Trav saying he's heard he's someone we're genuinely interested in and have asked about, and saying "I think this is done" 6 hours ago.

And Nixon piping up to say that he might be staying there for the time being, but coming here on loan, and confusing everyone by talking about him playing in friendly games that apparently don't even exist.

Edited by Kokosnuss

Think it’s worth pointing out that we are seemingly moving away from a formation that is 1 striker to playing with 2, which means we need more bodies up there then we’ve been used to for two decades now! It’s moving away from strikers being part of the build up play through the middle and moving towards getting the ball into the box from out wide. You need players who are positionally smart and do their work inside the box.

Im ok with it, still room for two more as well!

Edited by TuffLuff

Rhodes will demand big wages (on par with Hourihane) and at 33 y/o has surely seen his best days, 9 league goals in 58 games over the last two years with the terriers doesn’t scream goal scorer to me. Why is Johnson Clarke Harris (Posh) not being looked at? At 28 y/o entering his prime, a proven goal getter at this level, transfer listed by posh, in the last year of his contract and will cost less in wages. Seems a real no brainer to me. 
Use the Knight fee and go and get him! 

6 minutes ago, SpiderRam said:

Rhodes will demand big wages (on par with Hourihane) and at 33 y/o has surely seen his best days, 9 league goals in 58 games over the last two years with the terriers doesn’t scream goal scorer to me. Why is Johnson Clarke Harris (Posh) not being looked at? At 28 y/o entering his prime, a proven goal getter at this level, transfer listed by posh, in the last year of his contract and will cost less in wages. Seems a real no brainer to me. 

Maybe we are.....

7 minutes ago, SpiderRam said:

Of course Warne would rather have Clarke-Harris.

But there's not a chance that Peterborough would sell him to anyone for less than £2 million. Let alone to a rival.

I'd imagine nobody in League One can afford JCH. Probably a lot of Champ teams too. (I'm sure I read WBA were linked with a £4 Millon move)

Probably the reason he hasn't gone anywhere yet. 

1 minute ago, SpiderRam said:

Rhodes' games are very misleading - as he's come off the bench (a lot) for less than 15 minutes a pop. 

Minutes to goal in the Championship - at his worse it's comparative with Clarke Harris' best. I would assume Clarke Harris would want a decent wage rise in the final big contract of his career and his fee is going to be no less than what we got for Knight - probably more considering the market. 

Clarke Harris is also a striker who plays off the last man, offers hold up play, but he's pretty similar in terms of style as Rhodes. I think Clarke Harris would obviously be a good signing, but I just don't think it's realistic or even smart on our part - another big signing coming into his final few years where gets to the end of his deal with no sell-on value. 

Nombe would be the pick up from League One - but Exeter are likely to want decent money for him. Other than him, it's either an experienced player to get us out the league and then worry about it next season or roll the dice on someone who ticks the boxes but hasn't put it together yet - like a Dobbin, John-Jules, etc. 

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

But there's not a chance that Peterborough would sell him to anyone for less than £2 million. Let alone to a rival.

I'd imagine nobody in League One can afford JCH. Probably a lot of Champ teams too. (I'm sure I read WBA were linked with a £4 Millon move)

To quote Posh manager Darren Ferguson.

“If someone did bid £5 million for Jonno – and I’m not for one minute saying that someone has – he’d be sold.”

Sunderland enquired in January…………………..😯

47 minutes ago, SpiderRam said:

cos JCH is s**** rather have Ladapo 

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Think it’s worth pointing out that we are seemingly moving away from a formation that is 1 striker to playing with 2, which means we need more bodies up there then we’ve been used to for two decades now! It’s moving away from strikers being part of the build up play through the middle and moving towards getting the ball into the box from out wide. You need players who are positionally smart and do their work inside the box.

Im ok with it, still room for two more as well!

Take a bow son, excellent point and post 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

46 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Clarke- Harris is signing for Coventry apparently 

So turns out there was a behind closed doors friendly for Huddersfield today against Accrington.

Rhodes played in it.

So all those people saying this is done obviously don't know anything. 

Not very often you sign a player and let him go back to his old club to play a friendly 

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

So turns out there was a behind closed doors friendly for Huddersfield today against Accrington.

Rhodes played in it.

So all those people saying this is done obviously don't know anything. 

Not very often you sign a player and let him go back to his old club to play a friendly 

In your view.