Tony Weston - Rangers - signed for u21s

Animal is a Ram

Need to see highlights ! 

There is no reason why a 19 YO can’t be first team, depends on physical capabilities, intelligence and “blend ability” in the team. 

The good side is he got a first team appearance so he isn’t an empty vessel, Scottish Prem isn’t the highest level but Rangers are more than par with L1.
 The less good is no goals while out on loan.

I always look for two things .. has a player got a touch ? That first control thing is so so important. Without that it’s an uphill battle. Then I look to see if they are bright enough to release a ball to a team mate before they run in to traffic. After that, I ain’t got the foggiest which is why I am neither scout or football manager 🤪

It seems he scored for fun in the lower Scottish leagues but struggled in the championship. Rangers fans don't seem too fussed to see him go. Fingers crossed we've got a gem who finds his feet here, but I'd be surprised to see him near the first team any time soon. 

27 minutes ago, vonwright said:

It seems he scored for fun in the lower Scottish leagues but struggled in the championship. Rangers fans don't seem too fussed to see him go. Fingers crossed we've got a gem who finds his feet here, but I'd be surprised to see him near the first team any time soon. 

And that’s the thing. The divided opinion on here in a nut shell. “We need a young dynamic lower league find not an old journeyman at the end of his career who’s legs have gone .” Versus .. “he’s done it before he can do it again and that young lad has no track record and didn’t score enough anyway” … Thing is both carry risks and rewards 

You simply have to trust the manager and scouts. …. And then say “I told you so” 🤣

5 minutes ago, Brammie Steve said:

As a matter of historical interest .. when Napoleon was at the height of his powers walking through Italy on the way to Egypt he was just 28 ! Not the short arsed pudgy old guy beloved of movie makers - his advisors were forever trying to stop him leading the first charge. The French revolutionary government were as frightened of him and his influence as the Roman senators were scared of Caesar when he crossed the Rubicon. Leaders are special ! 

1 hour ago, jono said:

As a matter of historical interest .. when Napoleon was at the height of his powers walking through Italy on the way to Egypt he was just 28 ! Not the short arsed pudgy old guy beloved of movie makers - his advisors were forever trying to stop him leading the first charge. The French revolutionary government were as frightened of him and his influence as the Roman senators were scared of Caesar when he crossed the Rubicon. Leaders are special ! 

He often got a bad press by English historians!

On 26/07/2023 at 18:04, jono said:

Not especially short either. Thought to be just under 5’6”, which is a little above average for a French man in the early 1800s.  He was often seen with tall guardsmen which made him look short.

Still a git though.