Titanic Sub missing

Stive Pesley

Good grief - this story is horrific and is making me feel claustrophobic just thinking about it

Plus I'm gob-smacked at the details of how ramshackle the craft is. I'd assumed it was a state of the art thing, but it sounds like a pressurised metal box

Here's hoping for a happy ending but I'm not feeling confident given the depths they're talking

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-65953941

Edited by Stive Pesley

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

It's terrible for all concerned but when people are spending £250k to go look (possibly, its not guaranteed) at a ship wreck on the ocean floor while nurses are using food banks it tells us just how crazy the world has become.

There's a certain irony that 100 years after the Titanic took hundreds of the World's richest men to a watery grave, it appears to have done pretty much the same in 2023. 😢

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The more I hear about this sub and the people that made it the more I am convinced something like this was completely inevitable and the more I am absolutely astounded that people decided to spend so much money to do it.

Absolute madness.

A combination of if it costs this much it must be safe and money induced invulnerability syndrome.

4 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

It's terrible for all concerned but when people are spending £250k to go look (possibly, its not guaranteed) at a ship wreck on the ocean floor while nurses are using food banks it tells us just how crazy the world has become.

What the hell are you getting for 250k! 

As a item of historical importance the story of this ship will carry on .  However, the constant pillaging of what would never be allowed on an underwater war grave is repugnant.  Only a few years ago people were going down to get married on the deck.  They're building a replica with a massive price for a ticket to have fun trips to wear the ship sank.  Many years ago an American court gave sole salvage rights to a bloke who runs the BMW dealerships in the States.  A ship in international water ???Better known as Titanic Inc.  Since then they've put thousands of personal items from diaries to children's shoes into storage outside Paris.  You can even have the fabulous fun of getting a boarding pass when you visit their exhibition with a name on .  You'll have to wait till the end to see if you survived though.   Gross

Robert Ballard who discovered the wreck by accident has over the last 15 years offered serious regret he ever mentioned it to anyone.

7 hours ago, Archied said:

Madness and why would you take your 19 year old son down there in that thing 🤷🏻‍♂️, such a sad needless loss of life

For those who died in April 1912...yes, But those down there in a converted bath tub they're not declared dead yet as banging has been detected.

If you're a billionaire I guess there comes a time when you want to do something different, Money is the root for all stupid adventures 👍

https://news.sky.com/story/titanic-submarine-missing-live-updates-submersible-cannot-be-opened-from-inside-time-running-out-on-oxygen-supply-waiver-mentions-death-three-times-12905748