Joe Ward - joined on a 3 year deal

nogbad van 50

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

You just know that if Warne signed Messi on a free there's one or two on here who'd whinge like mad. Pathetic!

Think we can only start judging Warne around 🌲 time, after a full pre season and 15-20 games of his own squad and formation.

5 hours ago, enachops said:

My mates a big Posh fan, his thoughts:

He’ll infuriate the hell out of you. Doesn’t play well in the big games or in front of big crowds. A better winger than wing back. Scores the odd screamer.

A mixed bag. He has done well for Posh and is solid at this level. 

Oh god . Scott Malone the return.

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah I’ve noted that since. I forgot Peterborough’s chairman seems to want to let the whole world know his business. Was the same with the Marriott deal.

Wouldn't normally expect details of contracts not yet signed to be disclosed - just a “contract offered” is usually all you’d see.

Pretty sure that retained list that was shared here was from the season prior where he was extended, hence he’s now out of contract this summer. Think there was a bit of confusion around it in another thread. 

8 hours ago, Srg said:

Pretty sure that retained list that was shared here was from the season prior where he was extended, hence he’s now out of contract this summer. Think there was a bit of confusion around it in another thread. 

It’s from this season, includes the news that Clarke-Harris (amongst others) is transfer listed. 

https://www.theposh.com/news/posh-confirm-number-players-available-transfer

Strange way to do it. I can’t recall any other side ever being so brazen and public with their end of season retained lists - and players they want to cash in on. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

It’s from this season, includes the news that Clarke-Harris (amongst others) is transfer listed. 

https://www.theposh.com/news/posh-confirm-number-players-available-transfer

Strange way to do it. I can’t recall any other side ever being so brazen and public with their end of season retained lists - and players they want to cash in on. 

Is it just against convention? Otherwise it seems like a reasonable way to advertise what you're selling and generally inform your fans:

thanks to the released and the returning loanees;

these players are available for transfer;

we've offered a deal to this guy who fans will know is out of contract but who we didn't mention on the released list.

I wondered about the mention of it being a three-year deal but presumably this has the advantage (intention?) of letting fans know - if he leaves, it wasn't because we only offered him a one-year deal, sort of thing.

On a side note, I also thought Fuchs looked handy against us, but I imagine Peterborough would be asking for a good deal more than any deal we'll be able to do.