Summer Rumour Mill

sage

9 minutes ago, sage said:

Knight and Sibley, maybe Bird

Just had a quick look and a couple of places suggest it's Hourihane and Knight. I've heard £12k per week mentioned repeatedly for Hourihane ever since he signed, Knight was more of a surprise.

These sites are never fully accurate but this is very interesting, what stood out to me: https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/derby-county/

Didzy on £7.4k per week
NML on £4.9k per week 
Cashin on £3.3k per week 

That means given he signed on a free, but factor in a signing-on fee, and David McGoldrick cost the club less than half a million all-in for last season... some bargain that!

Just now, YorkshireRam said:

Just had a quick look and a couple of places suggest it's Hourihane and Knight. I've heard £12k per week mentioned repeatedly for Hourihane ever since he signed, Knight was more of a surprise.

These sites are never fully accurate but this is very interesting, what stood out to me: https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/derby-county/

Didzy on £7.4k per week
NML on £4.9k per week 
Cashin on £3.3k per week 

That means given he signed on a free, but factor in a signing-on fee, and David McGoldrick cost the club less than half a million all-in for last season... some bargain that!

Knight, Sibley and Bird were contracts when he had money to spend

1 minute ago, sage said:

Knight, Sibley and Bird were contracts when he had money to spend

I thought Sibley could have been on more than Knight... I know Jason broke through earlier but Sibley was given that contract off the back of the 4 goals in his first 2 starts, and scoring in the last game v Birmingham; wouldn't be beyond the realms they offered him a bumper deal to convince him to stay.

51 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

It's annoying that this is what Leigh obviously referenced and it's obviously wildly incorrect. 

I think it's the same website that published Leeds did so well under Bielsa in 20/21 because of their low £25-30m (whatever it was) wage bill - listing all the players with some obviously egregiously incorrect. It was lapped up by local press and Leeds fans were all over it, obviously in pure ignorance because it had Kelvin Phillips on there earning something ridiculously low. 

The actual wage budget was over £100m when companies house came out - so it just shows how massively incorrect that (and other websites) are - not worth referencing at all. For reference, remember that it lists Nottingham Forest's wage bill at £61m for this past season, the wage bill in the Championship was £58.5m so you really believe with the likes of Henderson, Lingard, Lodi... too many to mention that their wage bill only went up by £2.5m per annum? Obviously not - it will be around £140-150m when the accounts are posted next season. 

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's annoying that this is what Leigh obviously referenced and it's obviously wildly incorrect. 

I think it's the same website that published Leeds did so well under Bielsa in 20/21 because of their low £25-30m (whatever it was) wage bill - listing all the players with some obviously egregiously incorrect. It was lapped up by local press and Leeds fans were all over it, obviously in pure ignorance because it had Kelvin Phillips on there earning something ridiculously low. 

The actual wage budget was over £100m when companies house came out - so it just shows how massively incorrect that (and other websites) are - not worth referencing at all. For reference, remember that it lists Nottingham Forest's wage bill at £61m for this past season, the wage bill in the Championship was £58.5m so you really believe with the likes of Henderson, Lingard, Lodi... too many to mention that their wage bill only went up by £2.5m per annum? Obviously not - it will be around £140-150m when the accounts are posted next season. 

Spot on, I can't believe that some grown adults truly believe that some random website can accurately tell them what each player earns. As @rammieib says, it would be a serious breach of Data Protection Regulations for which massive fines can be issued. Utter ballcocks.

6 hours ago, Foreveram said:

You two could get a room and listen to Smiths albums all day.😧

They could go in the vanlife topic in Jim smith room ,,,,,, boyfriends in a comma 

Edited by Archied

2 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Didzy on £7.4k per week
NML on £4.9k per week 
Cashin on £3.3k per week 

It was a gamble - he could just as easily done his knee and we got 28 minutes out of him - that’s football 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I think we have more to worry about than Florists wage bill. We are rumoured to be building a new team in 6 weeks. As for the rumour that Beilik is on £25k a week. I can only say Mel must have got up on the right side of the bed that day.

32 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think we have more to worry about than Florists wage bill. We are rumoured to be building a new team in 6 weeks. As for the rumour that Beilik is on £25k a week. I can only say Mel must have got up on the right side of the bed that day.

I seem to recall something during the administration process that documented that the 5.whatever million we owed Chelsea and his £1.5m per annum wages were an issue. I could be wrong and getting my wires crossed but seem to recall that being documented.