Summer Rumour Mill

sage

32 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I'm not exactly having to look very far for a stick, he does rather seem to leave a lot of them lying around 😉.

I just find it very frustrating that we apparently want to be a team that puts a lot of crosses in, then we start the season lining up with no wingers and only one striker getting in the box.  The same as we apparently want to be a team that presses aggressively from the front, yet we started with only really 3 guys pressing (Bird, Collins, NML), and a bunch of slow midfielders sat behind them.  If we want to be something, you can't just say we want to be it, you have to actually make it happen.

We put in something like 27 crosses against Wigan.

11 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

We put in something like 27 crosses against Wigan.

And how many of them were actually good crosses, that ended up vaguely near an attackers head?  Not many from what I remember. Lots of crosses getting blocked etc.

Edit: and having checked, we had 6 headed shots on goal in that game.  4 were from set pieces.  The other 2 were from open-play, but both were from Curtis Nelson, so they were likely following set pieces too.  So that's probably 0 headers on goal from open-play crosses in the entire game. 

Edited by duncanjwitham

I’m calling it that Big Trav has no idea at all the majority of the time, and he has you lot on strings. He though is a mate, or a mate of a mate, of who does the club media and photos and updates Trav when the photos are in the can. As for Simmo, my dog has more idea what is going on. And she is deaf and senile. 

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I’m calling it that Big Trav has no idea at all the majority of the time, and he has you lot on strings. He though is a mate, or a mate of a mate, of who does the club media and photos and updates Trav when the photos are in the can. As for Simmo, my dog has more idea what is going on. And she is deaf and senile. 

He's already said before he only knows when someone is in the building, which does beg the question, how the hell does he know anything else about who we are and aren't after.

53 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

How very dare you….be ready for the backlash and vitriolic abuse 🫣