Summer Rumour Mill

sage

23 minutes ago, BOB BIGGS said:

Didn’t Clowes talk about it taking 5 years somewhere? Perhaps worst case scenario but also perhaps showing he’s a realist. 

I have zero expectations for the next few years. I feel better about the current state of affairs  now that I acknowledge that.

I’m a rams fan for the long haul, through thick and through thin.

Let the well paid professionals at the club get on with it . There’s zilch I can do about it.

I’ll celebrate the goals,  the wins and the good performances. I’ll not get down about the defeats, the poor performances or the ins and out of any players. I’ll enjoy the banter.

Life is too short to worry about things I can’t change or where I can’t make a difference.

When the chairman says it's his opinion that the budget is good enough to get us out of the league, it's hardly going to be a mid table budget, is it? 

I think you can make an educated guess that it will be within the top 6, logically there's little reason to believe that 6 other teams have a bigger one.

Edited by Kokosnuss

21 hours ago, Andicis said:

Unless you know more than me, how do you know he didn't prioritise that? It is likely just a very difficult position to fill given our circumstances. But hey, blame Warne in the absence of any evidence. 

Let’s be honest, I don’t know more than most of us. It’s purely my frustrated view.

As I said, it was obvious from last season that we needed to bring in defenders to fit the system if we wanted to play 3/5 at the back. We also needed something more up front, with loanees leaving. Warne prioritised the defence, as he got those in first.

If the club are unable to spend much, as even Warne has intimated in recent reports, they spent the bulk on defensive reinforcements. That suggests priority, at least in my eyes.

Good win today, helped by a steadier defence. I’m less frustrated now

8 hours ago, angieram said:

Your post is open to misinterpretation. I thought you meant we'd be better off getting rid and not replacing them. 

But you meant, we couldn't replace them with better loans? At least I hope you did! 

Absolutely - sorry for the option to misinterpret 

2 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

When the chairman says it's his opinion that the budget is good enough to get us out of the league, it's hardly going to be a mid table budget, is it? 

I think you can make an educated guess that it will be within the top 6, logically there's little reason to believe that 6 other teams have a bigger one.

Top 6, agreed, not "bigger than our rivals" as Clowes has been falsely claimed to have said.

3 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

I use the same educated logic when forced to use communal urinals. 

8 hours ago, Carnero said:

"Paul's been given a budget. I think it's a reasonably good budget for League One. I think it's good enough to get us out of the league. Now whether it does or not, this is football nothing is guaranteed"

Is it sizeable compared to other clubs in this league?

"It is, yes"

---

Nothing about rival clubs at all.

sizeable

/ˈsʌɪzəbl/

adjective

fairly large.

"a sizeable proportion of the population"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fy119y?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Podcast link, budget discussed at 43 minutes for anyone who prefers facts to people's own warped interpretations.

Ps. Come on @Caerphilly Ram this is supposed to be your job not mine! 😂

So pretty much what I just said then? Just in a slightly different way.

No warped imagination 😆

8 hours ago, Carnero said:

"Sizeable compared to other clubs in this league" is quite a bit different to stating "bigger than rival clubs" as was claimed.

Do you always have to focus in on the least relevant part of what somebody has posted?

How on earth is it different?

If you are going to argue, for argues sake, at least have a point.

One would assume David Clowes isn't saying our budget is sizable when compared to Chesterfield, or Blyth Spartans. He is saying sizable compared to clubs in this division and if Clowes is saying this, whilst saying our budget is good enough to get us out of league 1, I very much doubt our budget would be comparable to say Fleetwood, Bristol Rovers, Cambridge...more akin to say Barnsley, Pompey, Bolton etc.

Your point is moo.

Cow Appreciation Day GIF

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod