Summer Rumour Mill

sage

9 hours ago, alram said:

any chance we could try to sign somebody in the age profile of players we actually need? it was painfully obvious to everyone last season our squad was too old, so far we have brought 6 players between 28-31

you get out this division with a young energic team like plymouth & ipswich just have

Ask and you shall receive. 23 year old rwb Kane Wilson signed on a 2 year deal.
So that’s;

- a 23 year old

- two 27 year olds in Joe Ward and Josh Vickers

- a 28 year old in Callum Elder

- a 30 year old in Curtis Nelson

- and two 31 year olds in Sonny Bradley and Conor Washington.

Not exactly a Dads Army type summer is it? Not when you consider the players who left included Curtis Davies (38), Richard Stearman (35), James Chester (34) and, ignoring his immense quality, David McGoldrick (35). 

So how much of a transfer budget do we have?

Surely we are close to 3m if not more? 

If we get 1.75m for Knight + 750k for Bielik which are the low end of reported figures plus the budget we had originally which was meant to be decent for this level then lets say that was 500k, we are then at 3m. 

Surely enough to sign Ladapo, JCH or Nombe. Maybe even both Nombe & Brannagan.

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

If we get 1.75m for Knight + 750k for Bielik which are the low end of reported figures plus the budget we had originally which was meant to be decent for this level then lets say that was 500k, we are then at 3m. 

We still owe about 4 million for two Polish geezers.  One who's retired to the States and one who likes playing at a stadium thats still got bomb damage from 1942.  Think we could still bring in a couple of strikers and an attacking midfielder-we need to- but I suspect two will be loans and fancy we will need a bit more cash bringing in to spend on that quick striker or quick midfielder we really have to add.

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We still owe about 4 million for two Polish geezers.  One who's retired to the States and one who likes playing at a stadium thats still got bomb damage from 1942.  Think we could still bring in a couple of strikers and an attacking midfielder-we need to- but I suspect two will be loans and fancy we will need a bit more cash bringing in to spend on that quick striker or quick midfielder we really have to add.

Whatever is owed for Bielik & Jozwiak will have been part of the budget before any sales were made so any incoming money is additional

10 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

You'll be disappointed if you're expecting us to spend anything like that.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Whatever is owed for Bielik & Jozwiak will have been part of the budget before any sales were made so any incoming money is additional

But I imagine that budget still requires David Clowes to put his hands in his pockets. So therefore - yes we shall be able to spend some of it but I wouldn't imagine all of it.

Also - I wouldn't be surprised if the incoming fees was spread out over 2 or even 3 year payment schemes.

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

But I imagine that budget still requires David Clowes to put his hands in his pockets. So therefore - yes we shall be able to spend some of it but I wouldn't imagine all of it.

Also - I wouldn't be surprised if the incoming fees was spread out over 2 or even 3 year payment schemes.

I agree for example this is unlikely but hypothetically speaking we sign Clarke Harris on a 3 year deal it would probably be £750k + extra 500k -750k on appearances or goals then maybe £1m if we get promoted.

they can quote £3-5m realistically he’s £2m tops