Summer Rumour Mill

sage

3 hours ago, Scott129 said:

NML was electric in the first half of the season - arguably a top 5 performer for us.

I think he's just one of those players that fades in the second half (in games and in the season as a whole) and I'm sure Wednesday fans said exactly the same thing.

You're right though - adding international games in to the mix will make matters worse.

He was very good.  His leg work was done by Knight pushing to midfield from full back and dragging defenders on the overlap though. A massive shift when he wasn't there. That's fine as I'm a bit old fashioned and think the job of a winger is to  create and shoot not worry about who's behind them.  That's someone else's job. 

New contracts are as important as signings to be honest. Our restrictions meant that we could only offer 2 year deals so we have a lot of our key players going into the final year of their contracts now.

We can’t have summer upon summer of having to sign 10+ players, so hopefully we can get some of that done this summer too.

10 hours ago, CBRammette said:

If there are few clubs keen on signing him we should get his current market worth. But unfortunately it wont be as much as you hope.
Nobody knows for sure that he actually wants to go and we want to sell him. If he were to stay and have a stellar season he would likely get better personal terms when he leaves but he could also be injured and be in a worse position. I like to think Jason is perhaps torn between wanting to stay to see us back up and what he is being told is best for his career. 
I cant help thinking all of younger players here through the last few years were perhaps more effected by everything that went on and being thrown fully into "saving" us than we think meaning a bit of a hangover last year. Hopefully after a proper summer break they will be rejuvenated hopefully still at Derby. 

He will be worth even more but that's why we should be asking 10m and like 25 percent sell on fee.

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

How do you know if dont ask for lt.

Because of the figures that have been presented to you several times, and the figures being quoted in the press, and the general market values for players at this level. 
Jason Knight could be worth £10m at some point in his career, he may already be…. But not when he only has 1 year left on his contract with a league one club. 
I’d be surprised if any of the rumoured interested clubs have £10m to spend on 1 player, it would probably wipe out their entire transfer budgets.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

22 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Know a player's mum who was at Burnley with him who said he was a sweetie pie and lovely. People change

...and so they can change back too. Do you not remember his tweet on the day we were relegated? It's that which has earned him a place on the eternal s***-list.

Joining in with QPR's socials mocking us for a defeat reminiscent to that fateful day at Wembley is bad enough (especially stupid seeing as he was a Derby player affected by it at the time) but actively celebrating QPR (a club he was only on loan at) for getting the 3 points that sent us down to League One... all because he's bitter about his 'mate' Keogh...

Yeah, he can f*** off.