Summer Rumour Mill

sage

8 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Next week I think we’ll see 3-5 signings announced 

Big Trav, you are the Babestation of the football transfer rumour world.

I know it isn't real, I'm just living in some fantasy world where everything is fake, but my god I love it...stick another quid in you say?

Oh Yeah Yes GIF by Travis

Keep the rumours coming...

You Got This So Close GIF by Paddington Bear

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

19 hours ago, Oldben said:

Rosenoir knew that to field a team derby had to have a minimum number of players, agree or disagree with who he brought in, he still managed to sign a lot of players in a very short time. PW has got a lot more experience than Rosenoir, so i would have expected at least 1 signing in the days since the window opened. 

Last season we missed out on a number of free agents signings before we came to the table, the window between when Rosenoir began to sign players and when PW signs his first player is narrowing. Rosenoir in my opinion was left with having to sign any player he could find that was willing to sign, and not looking at building at a particular formation. As a tactic it appeared to get us very close to the play offs at least, i admit PW was largely responsible for the tactics, but it was largely Rosenoirs selection.

The players Rosenoir signed, i dont think, were told that they they had to be a certain type of player to be able to play.

Watch the RamsTV interview with Warne taken a couple of days ago. He expects 4 or 5 in before pre season starts and the rest in the course of the transfer window.

19 hours ago, ExiledinDerby said:

I wouldn’t include Loach or Oduroh, both will get their minutes in the u21s next season.

For whatever reason Loach is not fancied and will be a training Gk again next year I think and if you watched any of the u21s games Oduroh is nowhere near first team ready. 

Which is exactly why I discounted them... and, IIRC, exactly what I posted.

On 13/06/2023 at 19:18, Rev said:

Time will tell, but he was jobless before we appointed him. 

People who self describe themselves as an unemployed painter and decorator need to look in the mirror. 

You might as well show some ambition, and describe yourself as an unemployed astronaut, or academy director.

Well if that really is his background, at least the boardroom is going to look pretty tasty!

20 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

A right back done according to Nixon & it isnt Dabo...

Screenshot_20230617-233804_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20230617-234153_Twitter.jpg

Assuming the right back will be our ‘first choice’ then - otherwise he would’ve addressed Dabo outright (that’s if he even knows what he’s talking about). 

Interested to know who though.

5 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Strange that Nixon isn't naming names - usually he can't wait to spill the goods - it's amost as if he doesn't know....

I thought the same, but I suppose he could be told by an agent of another player (Dabo, for example) that they’ve been told that we’re not going any further in that deal because we have signed a right back. The only way it makes sense without him divulging the news. 

13 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

So who are the main right backs that have been mentioned? From the press Clare, Dabo & Fisher? From fans Key, Ward & Wilson?

Wonder if it's any of them or someone completely new whose name hasn't even cropped up yet

It will be most likely be one of the above, just I have no idea which one.

A league one club has had a bid accepted of roughly £500k for Millwall winger, Tyler Burey. He’s a player with a questionable character, but a lot of talent going by the comments from supporters - lots of Millwall fans don’t want to lose his ability and potential ceiling, others are happy to get rid of someone with a questionable attitude. 

I doubt it is us, honestly, but the list of league one teams willing to spend £500k is incredibly short.