Summer Rumour Mill

sage

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Brighton announced Pedro from Watford weeks ago. Mac Allister , Keita ,Tielemans, Traore, Pontus Janssun , Rodrigues a bloke called McGoldrick and many many more. All out of our league I know.

So a handful, none of which in our league, out of every club? Not exactly a a tidal wave is it?

Clearly we were never in for Rodrigues. Clearly no one knows anything on transfers, the club is watertight right now. The academy guy from Southampton came from nowhere and looks a massive coup for the club and could end up being the best business we do all summer. It’s a major statement getting someone of that calibre. There’s clearly a strategy and a plan now which can only be a good thing.

On transfers while the lack of news makes things incredibly boring, I’m not concerned. We’re the biggest club in the league with possibly the biggest budget in the league and we’re favourites for a reason. We will have a squad capable of a promotion push by the end of the transfer window and I fully expect us to be in the mix!! Those who are concerned, chill out and have faith. And if you’re bored, the Ashes starts this weekend!!

22 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The academy guy from Southampton came from nowhere and looks a massive coup for the club and could end up being the best business we do all summer. It’s a major statement getting someone of that calibre

I'm not sure how much of a coup signing an unemployed ex Southampton academy guy is, I suppose time will tell.

Just now, S8TY said:

Massive 

Time will tell, but he was jobless before we appointed him. 

People who self describe themselves as an unemployed painter and decorator need to look in the mirror. 

You might as well show some ambition, and describe yourself as an unemployed astronaut, or academy director.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

Many , many more . I’m not having a pop at us - just saying it is happening , and the window is not open.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_transfers_summer_2022

This is last summer. Scroll until you reach the 13th June, a year ago today. Then scroll until you reach the end of the window. Use that as a comparison for how many transfers are completed this early, compared to throughout July and August.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Of the hundreds of professional footballers in the country available for transfers, either free or for fees, a small percentage have had their moves announced. It must be a very small number compared to how many deals will actually be done. 
But, the window officially opening tomorrow does not mean Derby couldn’t have announced any transfers they had pre-arranged before that date, the reasons we haven’t will forever remain a mystery to be speculated upon. 

Warne has indicated he has spoken to players and he is confident they will come. Maybe there is an agreement on silence until the window opens to resist the deals being ambushed. There are a lot of clubs who are yet to announce any incoming business. Warne is quite open and honest and he may tell us why things have been kept quiet. We don't know what the revised budget is for transfers or wages and I expect that we may be trying to keep that quiet to stop agents trying to inflate the deals as per when Morris was throwing his cheque book about. we must be a big attraction for the best players at this level surely.

9 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Warne has indicated he has spoken to players and he is confident they will come. Maybe there is an agreement on silence until the window opens to resist the deals being ambushed. There are a lot of clubs who are yet to announce any incoming business. Warne is quite open and honest and he may tell us why things have been kept quiet. We don't know what the revised budget is for transfers or wages and I expect that we may be trying to keep that quiet to stop agents trying to inflate the deals as per when Morris was throwing his cheque book about. we must be a big attraction for the best players at this level surely.

That’s the bit I find most amusing when it comes to people hanging on every word of a random rumour monger online, the club’s own manager has stated conversations about recruitment started before the season ended. The local journos who are I think believed to have some contact with the club say we are in negotiations with players. Warne also said he’d met agents and showed some players around the place. And yet all of that is ignored to peddle this idea of inactivity by the club. We will be pursuing players, there will be transfer announcements, and we have to be patient until they happen.
I don’t think it’s that hard to accept we may have to wait a little whilst affording the club some patience, and yet people on here and other places online seem so keen to say otherwise. 

Just spending a beautiful evening in the company of the not littlest hobo and an unemployed astronaut (you can’t fault her  ambition 😁).

Anyway the vagrant community that live in my head are aghast that apparently Waghorn made it onto the much vaunted long list.

Only to be thrown off it by Warne because he was worried Waggy might be funnier than him 😱

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Time will tell, but he was jobless before we appointed him. 

People who self describe themselves as an unemployed painter and decorator need to look in the mirror. 

You might as well show some ambition, and describe yourself as an unemployed astronaut, or academy director.

Unemployed because he chose to be …big difference 

34 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I’ve just seen that Aberdeen have a striker who got into the SPL team of the year called ‘Duk’ - now, I don’t believe in fate but that has to be a sign from the creator himself! 

Duk upfront for Derby. Magic. 

You can forget that one, there's absolutely no chance he'd fit into a Paul Warne team - his stats for aerial duels are appalling.

Edited by Kokosnuss

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I’ve just seen that Aberdeen have a striker who got into the SPL team of the year called ‘Duk’ - now, I don’t believe in fate but that has to be a sign from the creator himself! 

Duk upfront for Derby. Magic. 

We'd be quackers to go in for him.