Summer Rumour Mill

sage

4 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Not as detestable as the Derby fans who performed the sickening chant about his disabled son... There are lines and that chant didn't just cross the line, blew it to smitherines.

Knowing what football fans in general can be like he must hate every club in the country! It doesn't make him any more appealing a prospect as a signing. Hopefully his hatred of us is too great.

33 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Not as detestable as the Derby fans who performed the sickening chant about his disabled son... There are lines and that chant didn't just cross the line, blew it to smitherines.

Fair. What about his behaviour and remarks at Wrexham in the FA Cup? All because a non-league team and their supporters got a bit excited about their progressive to the latter stages. 

7 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Fair. What about his behaviour and remarks at Wrexham in the FA Cup? All because a non-league team and their supporters got a bit excited about their progressive to the latter stages. 

Two wrongs and all that….

49 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

So basically you are defending the despicable chants 🙄

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

So basically you are defending the despicable chants 🙄

Where have I said that? Of course not. I have a disabled son, and would never condone that sort of behaviour. I presume though it’s ok for me not to like an individual based on my wider experience of that individual. Albeit we’ve never been drinking buddies! No? Ok, I LOVE BILLY SHARP then! Can’t wait for us to sign him and cheer him every week!

3 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Don't say that, we could use a player like this with goals and assists.

The Oxford Twitter account is teasing his arrival. We’re going to have to trust/hope that Warne and the club have other targets in mind then wait to see how that plays out 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

4 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s rumoured Blackpool paid about £200k to sign him so looks like good business for them. I take your point that goalscorers CAN cost a premium, but not always the case. Colby Bishop cost Portsmouth a rumoured £500k, Conor Chaplin a rumoured £750k for Ipswich and we signed a 25 goal and a 12 goal striker for free last summer. 
Proven goalscorers under contract can cost money, players with potential can cost less, and there are players out there who have scored goals at this and other levels who are available for free or knock down fees allegedly (Alfie May).

Of course, we could resort to a scatter gun approach and sign players not suited to the manager's preferred playing style or we can sign someone else who is suited to the style.

May would fall in to group 1.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Of course, we could resort to a scatter gun approach and sign players not suited to the manager's preferred playing style or we can sign someone else who is suited to the style.

May would fall in to group 1.

Wholeheartedly agree. I’m firmly of the belief that in the background Warne and the recruitment dept are working on the signings that they want for the way we will play next season. 
Names being linked in the press and on social media are more than likely just speculative rumours. We’ll hopefully see some signings soon.

My post was just to highlight you don’t have to spend big money for goals all the time, just the right money where possible, if spending anything at all.