Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Might be wrong but thought I had seen recently that he had signed on loan somewhere, maybe getting him mixed up though…

He was on loan to Brum in 21/22 season but played zero minutes of football last season. As much as it pains me to say it Waggy is a better option.

Talking to someone connected with the club today briefly spoke about transfers apparently Warne has spoken to 8 players from 4 clubs + free agents. Originally he was looking at signing three players but has approached clowes to discuss the possibility of upto 5 coming in. No names besides a strong indication one coming in is sharp, waggy is 50:50 might sign him to booster the over age players in u23s and the first team. Positions spoken about are as follows LWB but Warne is struggling with that and might go for a LCB /LB , A 10 that looks to be a prem loan , two strikers - one older poacher type currently looking at Sharp , waggy , assombolonga and wickham the other is a young championship player and finally it appears another CM likely more of an older head. The player Warne is frustrated about was Rhodes apparently had agreed a 1 year deal with an optional extension but  no showed a medical  Saturday morning his agent came back saying he wanted more money  plus an 18 month deal. My source is in the media department 

1 hour ago, simmoram1995 said:

Talking to someone connected with the club today briefly spoke about transfers apparently Warne has spoken to 8 players from 4 clubs + free agents. Originally he was looking at signing three players but has approached clowes to discuss the possibility of upto 5 coming in. No names besides a strong indication one coming in is sharp, waggy is 50:50 might sign him to booster the over age players in u23s and the first team. Positions spoken about are as follows LWB but Warne is struggling with that and might go for a LCB /LB , A 10 that looks to be a prem loan , two strikers - one older poacher type currently looking at Sharp , waggy , assombolonga and wickham the other is a young championship player and finally it appears another CM likely more of an older head. The player Warne is frustrated about was Rhodes apparently had agreed a 1 year deal with an optional extension but  no showed a medical  Saturday morning his agent came back saying he wanted more money  plus an 18 month deal. My source is in the media department 

Cheers for the update, I would agree that we could do with up to 5 more.

Dont understand why Rhodes would want an 18 month contract? They usually happen in Jan, a 18 month deal now takes him to the middle of 24/25 season

If any of that is true then I’d expect the club to wish Mr Rhodes good luck in the future

I have heard similar, only slight difference is Rhodes apparently wanted 2 year deal and wanted more money than was originally agreed. Expect Waggy to come in as 4th/5th choice. Still plan to bring in a first choice older striker, (a la, Rhodes, sharp, Deeney etc.) but different to your info @simmoram1995 I heard no loan at striker. Ive heard loans for number 10, LWB and an ‘energetic box to box’. Re 

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I have heard similar, only slight difference is Rhodes apparently wanted 2 year deal and wanted more money than was originally agreed. Expect Waggy to come in as 4th/5th choice. Still plan to bring in a first choice older striker, (a la, Rhodes, sharp, Deeney etc.) but different to your info @simmoram1995 I heard no loan at striker. Ive heard loans for number 10, LWB and an ‘energetic box to box’. Re 

A first choice older striker? Are Collins and Washington not old enough?

Have been reasonably impressed by the business DCFC have done so far this window, but have found our hunt for a striker quite bemusing. 

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Have been reasonably impressed by the business DCFC have done so far this window, but have found our hunt for a striker quite bemusing. 

I think it’s pretty simple. The striker market this summer especially is through the roof.

43 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

So your sources are still saying Sharp is coming in BT?? That would surprise me to be honest.

37 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I think it’s pretty simple. The striker market this summer especially is through the roof.

Trav this is indeed the case average and league 1 standard strikers are being given vastly inflated wages. E.g. Ladapo was on apparently £5k at Rotherham now at Ipswich my source believes around 14-16 more likely the former!

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Looking around, quite a few clubs fans are bemused by their clubs lack of activity in this area. Seem's to a problem across the board. 

3 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

Is your source happy you’ve revealed which team they work in?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't want Sharp - ever - but why would he wait for us to not sign him?

At 37, he won't have many suitors. If you're having to make claims on twitter that you've still got goals in you, that's usually a pretty desperate sign 😂