Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Ah, my mistake - makes it very unlikely that we sign him then. 

I thought it was a bit fanciful, but Warne is on record as saying that we're looking to sign players who you might not expect to want to play in League One.

How much difference would there be in wage demands between Ligue 2 and our sort of budget?

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Lawrence Shankland (Hearts)

Good player - watched a Hearts  game when it found itself on my TV and he stood out. He scored twice in a 3-0 win. I can't remember who they played, but wasn't one of Rangers or Celtic to be sure! 

Why not take a deeper look at the Scandinavian market like Iceland, Norway, Sweden etc. Should be fairly cheep players and the kind of grafters which ought to work well in a Warne system? Some teams there have performed fairly well in the european competitions which make me think that a fair few of those players might perform very well in L1?  

1 minute ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Max Power has left Wigan by mutual consent, great hard working midfielder at this level. Also got 3 goals and 12 assists in league one in the 21/22 season.

Think he’s only left them because he’s off to the Saudi second division to join up with Robbie Fowler’s side. Yep, that’s a real sentence in football in 2023.

2 hours ago, InstaRam said:

Why not take a deeper look at the Scandinavian market like Iceland, Norway, Sweden etc. Should be fairly cheep players and the kind of grafters which ought to work well in a Warne system? Some teams there have performed fairly well in the european competitions which make me think that a fair few of those players might perform very well in L1?  

Look to previous derby recruitment and the guy we’ve just got to join. Absolutely no chance and would be a brilliant idea. We only analyse as far as the Irish leagues by all accounts 

Just been looking at a few players who are out of contract or potential loans  that might be decent suggestions 

Joel Lautiebiere can play LB/ CB/ RB- free 23

harrison asby - Newcastle RB/RWB - loan 21

matteo Joseph - Leeds  CF - loan 20

tyler Walker - CF- free - 26

max watters- CF  Cardiff (on loan at Barnsley last year) - 24 - loan /potential signing 

gary madine CF - free 32 

Daniel Ayala CB - free 32 

Daniel Johnson CAM- free 30

bailey wright CB - free 30

Kenneth Zahore- CF - free 29

tarik fosou- W - free 27 

wes Harding RB/CB - free 26 

16 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Just been looking at a few players who are out of contract or potential loans  that might be decent suggestions 

Joel Lautiebiere can play LB/ CB/ RB- free 23

harrison asby - Newcastle RB/RWB - loan 21

matteo Joseph - Leeds  CF - loan 20

tyler Walker - CF- free - 26

max watters- CF  Cardiff (on loan at Barnsley last year) - 24 - loan /potential signing 

gary madine CF - free 32 

Daniel Ayala CB - free 32 

Daniel Johnson CAM- free 30

bailey wright CB - free 30

Kenneth Zahore- CF - free 29

tarik fosou- W - free 27 

wes Harding RB/CB - free 26 

This is where you need to post, avoid any confusion 👍

8 hours ago, InstaRam said:

Brexit, they won't qualify for a work permit.