Notts County or Chesterfield

MarsdenRam

It's got to be the Magpies hasn't it? A proper club, 20,000 capacity. Like us, one of the founding dozen clubs.

They belong is L2 or L1 I would say based on their history.

I've got nowt against Chesterfield mind. Probably both have a stronger claim based on history than Wrexham.

Edited by MarsdenRam

Notts for me, they deserve it based on their tally over the season, would be great to see that famous old club back in the football league where they belong.

Nothing against Chesterfield, next year for them with luck to replace the sort of s**** which is FGR…

47 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Notts County...Nottingham

Chesterfield...Derbyshire

Go figure The Office Crying GIF

I don't understand the Nottingham love in either.

Nor do I get the argument that they deserve it. They finished 23 points above Chesterfield I know, but had Peterborough lost on Sunday we would be playing Sheffield Wednesday tonight having finished 20 points behind them, would they 'deserve' to beat us in that scenario. It's been a freakish season in the National League, Chesterfield amassed 84 points themselves which is no mean feat. 

4 hours ago, MarsdenRam said:

I've got nowt against Chesterfield mind. Probably both have a stronger claim based on history than Wrexham.

Not sure about that - Notts yes but Wrexham are one of the oldest professional clubs in the world.

Notts and Chesterfield would be a worthy league one playoff game. Both need to be back in the league, as Wrexham should be as it’s mental a club of that size be down in the National league for 15 years. 

As for who I’m supporting, my mate is a chesterfield fan, being a Derbyshire team I have a soft spot for them, but I’ve lived in Nottingham for 12 years and I like Notts County, they deserve it based on the season, feels right to support the famous (and only) Nottingham club in this one 🤣

Usually I’d go for chesterfield as they’re a Derbyshire club but I think any team that gets 100points+ in a season should be promoted (I think it’s ridiculous that only 1 team goes up automatically in that league).

Also I quite like Notts County. They’re black & white too and hate the red lot as well so surely that counts for something?! Plus their stadium is better than the one next to the Trent too.

52 minutes ago, Will the Ram said:

Usually I’d go for chesterfield as they’re a Derbyshire club but I think any team that gets 100points+ in a season should be promoted (I think it’s ridiculous that only 1 team goes up automatically in that league).

Also I quite like Notts County. They’re black & white too and hate the red lot as well so surely that counts for something?! Plus their stadium is better than the one next to the Trent too.

Should be called the Lionel Pickering Stadium.  The insane amount we paid for Craig Short, 300 k more than we got for Mark Wright a year before, paid for it.  A second tier club breaking the British transfer record for the sale and purchase of a defender  and at the same time holding the overall British record for a transfer fee all in 12 months.  Only at Derby.