It’s been a great season …regardless.

Ellafella

11 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Just watched PW’s pre-match Pompey. Highly verbally intelligent as always and a lovely tribute to the fans and Pride Park at the end which moistened the eyes. It’s not over yet I know …but regardless of whether we get play-offs or not, what are the 3 stand-outs which will stick in the memory for you for League One 2022/23; they don’t have to be positive, just stand-out and season-defining. Mine:

1. David McGoldrick - sublime. I used to watch Charlie George like a hawk and still marvel at the memories. Didzy is up there with Charlie for me. Wonderful feet and vision and contribution which will stick in my memory bank. 

2. Standard of Refereeing: All I’ll say is that it has on the whole been like one long episode of the League of Gentlemen & Inside Number 9 rolled into one. Port Vale at home!?! What did we do to deserve these refs? They are caricatures of themselves. 

3. Max Bird away at Cheltenham - 2nd goal - “he must have a foot like a trac-shun-En-gin!” …What a goal. 

If the season ends on Sunday 7th so be it. I’ve really enjoyed it and we have next season. 🐏

B7FD54D7-0A86-404F-ABE4-89726171C7BC.jpeg

Glad you started this topic , I was considering doing one along these lines but wasn’t sure how to phrase it , the long and short is that I have really enjoyed this season , I know it’s div 1 , I know we are not nailed on for play offs but whatever happens this season is right up there with seasons I’ve enjoyed most , hard to describe why but it’s just a feeling , I’ve just loved being at games this season 🤷🏻‍♂️

After the torture of last season I felt an enormous connection to the club and when DC bought us I knew right away he was going to be the right owner for us. I therefore bought my first season ticket in 28 years, renewed my away membership and even bought a subscription to the programme. 

I’ve been to away matches in places I’d never heard of, sang my heart out with people half my age and had an absolute blast. I’ve felt emotional looking across the stands at the numbers of Rams fans who have packed in home and away to watch the likes of Morecambe or Forest Green, and I’ve gone back to talking about teams selection or the form of certain players rather than worrying about whether we would still have a club.

Despite my personal reservations about PW I think we’ve had an amazing season considering where we were last summer and can’t wait for next season, regardless of what division we’re in. Whatever happens I’ll be renewing my ST and away membership and doing it all over again in 23/24. 

COYR!!

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Probably also worth mentioning that there will be a lot of us that have not been able to get to see many away matches due to the ticket restrictions.

This is the lowest number of away games I've seen in 33 years, Covid season aside obviously. 

Yep , usually get to two or 3 but none this season,,,,, our stadium ticket sale map is crazy , looking this morning you would think it’s right up there with the worst selling games🤷🏻‍♂️

Sometimes I've enjoyed it, sometimes I haven't. Hasn't the the edge or atmospheres of last season, football generally of a lower quality as you'd expect. Our play doesn't particularly engage me - bits of skill and excitement amid lots of aimless percentage football. Often at PPS just a little bored. Thanks goodness for McGoldrick.

I'll be glad to see the season over whatever the outcome as it'll mean we are one step closer to being able to compete with everyone else on a level playing field. 

4 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Sometimes I've enjoyed it, sometimes I haven't. Hasn't the the edge or atmospheres of last season, football generally of a lower quality as you'd expect. Our play doesn't particularly engage me - bits of skill and excitement amid lots of aimless percentage football. Often at PPS just a little bored. Thanks goodness for McGoldrick.

I'll be glad to see the season over whatever the outcome as it'll mean we are one step closer to being able to compete with everyone else on a level playing field. 

Was thinking about the season last night and I’ve got to say I don’t remember too many where we have scored more absolutely cracking goals than this one , there’s been a very good number of absolute peaches 

I've thoroughly enjoyed my relaxed mood, be it on the way to a game, sat watching, or even on the way home... regardless of the result.

I'm putting that down to the position we were in back in the summer.  Almost dead.  Not enough players to field a team, etc.

I've had (and still have) hopes of course, but the overriding thing for me has been the "Lack of EXPECTATION".   Mid-table would be more than fine, given the starting point.  No pressure to win games.  No pressure to achieve promotion at the first attempt.  Happy just to have my club stay alive.

I've smiled more this season.  I've ranted less.  I guess that means I must have enjoyed it!  

If I shed any tears whatsoever over the coming weeks, I just know they will be tears of joy.  There'll be no sad tears from me, regardless of what happens in the run in.

My club is alive!

🐏

Considering that just ten months back we were on the verge of handing the club to Kirchner, had five players under contract and no pre season the results and performances so far this season are to quote a well known ex-manager from these parts as “simply remarkable”.

Whats kept this club going over the last eighteen months has been the relationship between the supporters the different management teams and the encouragement towards players, the all in this together, never give up, fight to the end attitude that has served us well.

Personally I will not be criticising the present management, previous managers, or any players who’ve been working their socks off and have decided to stay or sign for this club in extraordinary times whatever the outcome this season.

……….mind you, next season I’ll be back to normal, giving it both barrels big time and look forward to contributing to the reincarnated scapegoat of the week thread! 🐏😃

Edited by Old Spalding Ram

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Yep , usually get to two or 3 but none this season,,,,, our stadium ticket sale map is crazy , looking this morning you would think it’s right up there with the worst selling games🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s showing 377 single seats left.

1 hour ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Considering that just ten months back we were on the verge of handing the club to Kirchner, had five players under contract and no pre season the results and performances so far this season are to quote a well known ex-manager from these parts as “simply remarkable”.

Whats kept this club going over the last eighteen months has been the relationship between the supporters the different management teams and the encouragement towards players, the all in this together, never give up, fight to the end attitude that has served us well.

Personally I will not be criticising the present management, previous managers, or any players who’ve been working their socks off and have decided to stay or sign for this club in extraordinary times whatever the outcome this season.

……….mind you, next season I’ll be back to normal, giving it both barrels big time and look forward to contributing to the reincarnated scapegoat of the week thread! 🐏😃

Suppose it’s a bit like having a near death experience, more often than not you get a perspective of what’s important and enjoy what you have much more🤷🏻‍♂️

Will remember the few days/weeks at the start of the season until i pop my clogs.

It being confirmed that DC had saved us, coincided with my partner starting maternity leave, so an impromptu celebratory meal was had.

Going to a friends birthday party on a sunny saturday, going to the loo (the seal was broken), checking twitter to see we'd signed a couple of players. Going back 40 minutes later to see we'd signed more etc. Was class.

On the pitch I don't think i'll get true satisfaction until we go up. Which if we do this season then the recent weeks will be part of the tapestry to a good season. 

1. The emotion of the build up to the first league game, realising we had a club, a team and it wasn't going to be dissolved.

2. The frustration of not being able to see games out. Conceding so many late equalisers or winners has been our undoing. I predicted Top 10 though, so I'm happy with how things have gone overall.

3. The Resurgence of Fozzy. A humble servant to DCFC who stepped up in a position nobody thought he could handle, let alone command as he has. He has become this season's Curtis - leading the club with dignity, class and experience.

Been highs and lows, tomorrow will be another one way of the other.

1 hour ago, TomBustler1884 said:

1. The emotion of the build up to the first league game, realising we had a club, a team and it wasn't going to be dissolved.

2. The frustration of not being able to see games out. Conceding so many late equalisers or winners has been our undoing. I predicted Top 10 though, so I'm happy with how things have gone overall.

3. The Resurgence of Fozzy. A humble servant to DCFC who stepped up in a position nobody thought he could handle, let alone command as he has. He has become this season's Curtis - leading the club with dignity, class and experience.

Been highs and lows, tomorrow will be another one way of the other.

Probably age getting the better of me here but I actually dont remember conceding lots of late goals that have cost us points?

4 hours ago, Archied said:

Id guess that Ive averaged 10 to 15 away days per season over the last 30 years. Although I'd say the average has come down each year now that I have kids.

I refuse to pay an away membership fee though as I think its unfair on people that may not be able to afford it and there's absolutely no justification for it. I have no problem with the loyalty priority banding though. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Probably age getting the better of me here but I actually dont remember conceding lots of late goals that have cost us points?

You know what? You're right. The only 2 late ones were Plymouth at home and Bristol Rovers away, and we've definitely earned more points late on.

I think what I meant was being in front, and then being pegged back to draw or lose has happened far more than it should. In my head that means late goals, but you're right, it's actually usually been between 55' and 80' that we seem to lose points.

22 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

You know what? You're right. The only 2 late ones were Plymouth at home and Bristol Rovers away, and we've definitely earned more points late on.

I think what I meant was being in front, and then being pegged back to draw or lose has happened far more than it should. In my head that means late goals, but you're right, it's actually usually been between 55' and 80' that we seem to lose points.

Thank goodness for that, thought I was losing my memory 😂