Burton Albion (H) Sat 22nd April

3 hours ago, David said:

In response to all the soft talk over Burton.

When the handful Burton fans start singing “Derby’s a poo hole, I want to go home” today, which they will, it’s the generic away fan chant, will those on here upset by the comments on Burton be equally offended by such vile chanting about the city of Derby?

Or will you just brush it off, call it football banter?

I suspect the latter. As you should.

For those with fond childhood memories of Burton, great, I have fond childhood memories of pink custard. I won’t sit on here and be offended by those that wish to mock my pink custard, nor will I attempt to force some kind of close connection to all of our childhoods with pink custard as it simply won’t be there for some.

I was born in Derby, lived there for the first 17 years or so of my life, I have zero connection to Burton as a town. The only memories I have is holding my nose as we passed through. That smell might trigger fond memories, as does the fresh smell of fish in Grimsby, it is a smell though and just like aftershave, perfumes and flowers, we all either love or hate the smell. I hate the smell.

I have never been to a Burton game because Derby were away.

I did not like the appointment of Nigel Clough from day 1.

I do not like having to hear about Burton Albion on Radio Derby.

I did not feel any special connection over a pre season friendly, likewise with Mickleover Sports, Alfreton Town, Chesterfield and all these smaller clubs around us.

So I personally won’t sit here and fake some kind of relationship with the town or club and if that offends anyone, well I don’t know what to say. Maybe look away until this game is over if it’s that distressing for you.

Go listen to their manager trying to talk this game up as a local Derby, a rivalry, doesn’t sound like a brother and sister close relationship from their side.

If I was to talk about having a close connection to our genuine rivals Forest, being offended when anyone mocks the city or how many fingers they have, I would be laughed out of here. 

It’s just a town, it’s just football and it’s having a laugh.

For those might be unaware, I met @Boycie over on a Forest forum where we were taking the piss, from that this forum was born.

We had a similar sense of humour, enjoyed the ribbing and wanted that humorous atmosphere. Whilst I appreciate since then the forum has blown up and others do not wish to come here for any kind of humour, that is the roots of this forum. Chill out a bit, it’s really not that serious.

This forum used to have humour? I wish I had joined then.

21 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

10 pages before kickoff? We're very close to the last chance saloon here. A win is a must. Sounded as if we put in a decent performance against Exeter. Surely it has to be the same team? We'll know in half an hour.

And here is that same team:

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not there today as in London (running the marathon tomorrow 😬). Will be checking my phone frantically for updates. Think it will be nervy but we’ll get the job done today. All we can do and put pressure on the other teams.

COME ON YOU🐏🐏🐏🐏

COME ON 🚜 🚜🚜🚜

Good luck with the marathon. I hope you win it!