Bristol Rovers (A) Sat 15th April

1 hour ago, Rampant said:

I've just watched the penalty decision over and over again and it looks a correct decision every time tbh. White wasn't strong enough - again - and in going to ground he wipes out the Rovers player. 

Have a read...others disagree 😉

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-warne-bristol-rovers-8355905

52 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Agree about NML, wasted at wing back..

37 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Both him and Barkhuizen came here advising that wing back wasn't their position.  Barkhuizen actually stated it greatly affected his form at Preston and he was glad of the chance to come here and play his natural position.  Seems he turned down 3 other offers to come here based on this .  He won't be here next season.

He's a liability as a wing-back.  A lot of people have said that Hourihane has disappointed them this season but Barks has been a total let down in my opinion.  Never wins a header, never wins a 50-50.

Edited by Blondest Goat

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thought he was very aware that he'd lost him and committed a foul.

No disrespect to White who may make a decent player, but that's two soft pennos he's committed and how many points lost. Why does Warne insist on bringing him on, he looks lost in the position he's asked to play (where-ever that is ffs!).

You mean the two penalties he’s given where neither were penalties (the other one being Plymouth), and not being given a stonewall one against Peterborough. Yeah he’s certainly learning the hard way.

Just now, BramcoteRam84 said:

You mean the two penalties he’s given where neither were penalties (the other one being Plymouth), and not being given a stonewall one against Peterborough. Yeah he’s certainly learning the hard way.

He gave the ref the opportunity to give a penalty, or two. 

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Think what is clear is some think it was a pen and others don’t, it was given and we have to move on…

If there is any doubt you don’t give it, and you can’t give it from so far away.

I think with Warney it’s not today in isolation, it’s the catalogue of crap refereeing decisions leading to penalties given against us, not being given against us, goals being allowed that against shouldn’t be allowed and disallowed when they shouldn’t be. Barnsley, Shrewsbury, Lincoln, Plymouth, Peterborough, Ipswich now Bristol today critical incorrect decisions at critical points in all the matches and that’s just in the past 6-8 weeks, wouldn’t have made a difference to the result at Barnsley possibly but fundamentally affected the results in all the other matches. No way is that going to even itself out. In 30 years of watching them I’ve never known a run of bad calls like it.

I agree we need to move on, we were s**** today but would’ve held on if not for the ref but we didn’t put MK away when we should’ve done 

Maybe the best way to motivate your players to perform on a Saturday is not to give an interview on the Friday saying the following: 

"It is no hidden fact that I like 3-5-2. I like to have two players in every position. I need two wing-backs. And I'll obviously get Tom Barkhuizen and Nat Mendez-Laing fitter, so they can do it more.

"But they need help. We need centre-backs, we need centre forwards, we need a lot, really. That's the truth."

There are a number of players out on that pitch (and sitting as underused subs) who either already know they aren't part of Warne's 3-5-2 plans or don't want to be. It showed today.

As a fan at every away game this season, I'm hearing a lot more discontent in the stands than I'm reading on here. We do the hard miles every week, pay out a shed-load of money and are bemused by what we're trying to acheive at the moment. There's no pattern, no cohesion and little to give us heart. I think we're entitled to criticise when it's due.

We sang our socks off in that second half as we wanted to get those lads over the line for what would have been a very undeserved victory. They looked disappointed and a bit sheepish when they came over to us at the end. Some of them didn't come over at all. I didn't notice Warne at all but I left about ten minutes after the end.

We're rapidly losing that togetherness that saw us through the toughest of times last year. Makes me feel sad. 

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Very interesting! There was me thinking the ref wasn't tooooo bad, which is incredibly generous given my reputation, and then Warney is virtually effing and blinding on the telly, and absolutely furious about the penalty decision. Apart from putting in his report on the matchofficials, is there anything he can do?  It would also be interesting what he actually thinks about the catalogue of poor decisions this season (ignoring the previous 3 seasons!), although I think he gave a pretty big hint on that one!

Even so, to speak as though that performance was worthy of the points is rather rich, I fear. WE actually deserved nowt!

Not sure why Warne is having a go at this ref in particular. I guess its an accumulation of things. Disallowed goal against Ipswich for a start. 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Maybe the best way to motivate your players to perform on a Saturday is not to give an interview on the Friday saying the following: 

"It is no hidden fact that I like 3-5-2. I like to have two players in every position. I need two wing-backs. And I'll obviously get Tom Barkhuizen and Nat Mendez-Laing fitter, so they can do it more.

"But they need help. We need centre-backs, we need centre forwards, we need a lot, really. That's the truth."

There are a number of players out on that pitch (and sitting as underused subs) who either already know they aren't part of Warne's 3-5-2 plans or don't want to be. It showed today.

As a fan at every away game this season, I'm hearing a lot more discontent in the stands than I'm reading on here. We do the hard miles every week, pay out a shed-load of money and are bemused by what we're trying to acheive at the moment. There's no pattern, no cohesion and little to give us heart. I think we're entitled to criticise when it's due.

We sang our socks off in that second half as we wanted to get those lads over the line for what would have been a very undeserved victory. They looked disappointed and a bit sheepish when they came over to us at the end. Some of them didn't come over at all. I didn't notice Warne at all but I left about ten minutes after the end.

We're rapidly losing that togetherness that saw us through the toughest of times last year. Makes me feel sad. 

I don't know how you can manage these away days . We've been poor away for ages. Not just this season. 

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

This is just stunningly depressing.

And there isn't even any mention of Birdy and Sibs, they are soooo being wasted. 

18 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Not sure why Warne is having a go at this ref in particular. I guess its an accumulation of things. Disallowed goal against Ipswich for a start. 

It’s definitely an accumulation. He also came out very quick to do interviews today so it was still very raw. I’ve never seen him like that.

Whether you think he’s the right man or not the passion desire and pride he takes in the job shines through every interview. He lives it every minute of every day and he’ll be agonising over today and the past two games tonight, he won’t sleep tonight. 

Personally I want that commitment from my manager. I remember the days of John Gregory fobbing us off every interview collecting his £20k per week while we were producing garbage every week. 

Edited by BramcoteRam84

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He gave the ref the opportunity to give a penalty, or two. 

The MK Dons player gave the ref the opportunity to give a Penalty last week with the nudge in Knights back, it's just a shame all refs don't take the opportunity. 

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thanks for posting Angie. Having met you I know you want nothing more than the club to succeed and dont do knee jerk unfair posts with an agenda so your post is all the more telling. I am trying to keep the faith but bewildered by many things at the moment as it seems are you!