Cashin Snubbed in EFL young player awards

ram59

8 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Was it the EFLs fault that we had 28 shots on goal yesterday but only managed to score with one of them.

And the crap refereeing decisions (when they have nothing to do with providing the match officials)

Think not of those who appoint.  Rather consider those who distribute brown envelopes!  👀

12 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Considering the EFL are the governing body representing the 72 non-PL clubs, they have proved themselves to be an inept, weak, self-serving organisation who far too often have failed to provide sound guidance and support to their members when it has been needed. But corrupt and dishonest? Not in my opinion and the nonsensical chanting of f*** the EFL every time a refereeing decision goes against us just continues to cause further embarrassment to our Club - our owner is trying to repair our relationship with the EFL following the disastrous stewardship of Morris and must squirm in his seat everytime it happens.

Peter Ridsdale 

image.png.be108c32c4035fb4f46de053a6d1f4cf.png

1 minute ago, Crewton said:

There's a persistent few who think it's an EFL conspiracy. Most of those pointing it out however just think it's a ludicrous decision to ignore Cashin yet nominate a player who hasn't even played 1/4 of a season. It's not a conspiracy, it's just an erroneous decision.

Or both. 
I find it amusing that two threads are running simultaneously, one saying there’s no such thing as a conspiracy and the other about how we were cheated out of the European cup.

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

Or both. 
I find it amusing that two threads are running simultaneously, one saying there’s no such thing as a conspiracy and the other about how we were cheated out of the European cup.

There's certainly more reliable evidence come to light of the latter than the former.

Don’t think Cashin will lose any sleep over a 3 tier award. He is a good tackler , can pass and is good in the air. He reminds me of Bradley Johnson. It’s his lack of speed that will hold him back. If a manager converts him to D Mid he could do better than mid Championship.

I just put it down to the complete incompetence of an organisation that managed to scrap a completely unique identity as the first football league in the world, to localise it just to England (you could imagine how annoyed Cardiff and Swansea were) Most would consider being called THE Football League an enviable thing to have….

As far as the ref’s and officials are concerned, most of it is down to the fact that they just aren’t very good.  I also do wonder if there is great potential for them to be overly intimidated by the size and vocal nature of our support but in the reverse direction to demonstrate that they aren’t being influenced.  When you are usually reffing games in front of a few thousand and then suddenly 27,000 at pride park there has to be some effect.  And before anyone says something like “we must be quiet then” - don’t, that’s not what I am saying.

I think in the particular case of Saturday, as soon as the MK players realised that if you went down like a sack of spuds that he would stop the game then he lost control.  Despite this dubious second half display of the ref, we had done better with our chances on Saturday we would not have had such a disappointing result, we just weren’t good enough in front of goal.

Sorry B4 there is no conspiracy, and continued claims just makes us look silly IMHO.  I am sure Mr. Clowes is working feverishly in the background to repair relations with the league after the Morris days, and it needs to be done.  Continuing to be confrontational will serve no purpose.

Is is disappointing to not see Cashin nominated,  despite a wobble or two here and there, I think he has been great for us this season, and certainly a player with a bright future.

So incompetent, out of touch, and very much out of their depth - yes, in the background to secretly do Derby County or their players down - no

just my twopeneth worth of ramblings…

1 hour ago, Andrew1 said:

I just put it down to the complete incompetence of an organisation that managed to scrap a completely unique identity as the first football league in the world, to localise it just to England (you could imagine how annoyed Cardiff and Swansea were) Most would consider being called THE Football League an enviable thing to have….

As far as the ref’s and officials are concerned, most of it is down to the fact that they just aren’t very good.  I also do wonder if there is great potential for them to be overly intimidated by the size and vocal nature of our support but in the reverse direction to demonstrate that they aren’t being influenced.  When you are usually reffing games in front of a few thousand and then suddenly 27,000 at pride park there has to be some effect.  And before anyone says something like “we must be quiet then” - don’t, that’s not what I am saying.

I think in the particular case of Saturday, as soon as the MK players realised that if you went down like a sack of spuds that he would stop the game then he lost control.  Despite this dubious second half display of the ref, we had done better with our chances on Saturday we would not have had such a disappointing result, we just weren’t good enough in front of goal.

Sorry B4 there is no conspiracy, and continued claims just makes us look silly IMHO.  I am sure Mr. Clowes is working feverishly in the background to repair relations with the league after the Morris days, and it needs to be done.  Continuing to be confrontational will serve no purpose.

Is is disappointing to not see Cashin nominated,  despite a wobble or two here and there, I think he has been great for us this season, and certainly a player with a bright future.

So incompetent, out of touch, and very much out of their depth - yes, in the background to secretly do Derby County or their players down - no

The debateable decisions started under Cocu. I recall counting all of the penalty shouts we had dismissed, and we were in the 20s before I gave up and we still didn't have a single one. However, some very debatable penalties were given against us, including a very obvious dive by WBA under absolutely zero contact.

This just so happened to coincide with the start of Gibson's and the EFL's media campaign against us.

I stand by my view it's subconscious bias.

2 hours ago, Andrew1 said:

Mmm of course there isn't 

Yes flaming well is they have it in for us.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The debateable decisions started under Cocu. I recall counting all of the penalty shouts we had dismissed, and we were in the 20s before I gave up and we still didn't have a single one. However, some very debatable penalties were given against us, including a very obvious dive by WBA under absolutely zero contact.

This just so happened to coincide with the start of Gibson's and the EFL's media campaign against us.

I stand by my view it's subconscious bias.

Subconscious bias by whom? Referees who are governed by PGMOL and are not appointed by the EFL?

Edited by Red Ram