Cashin Snubbed in EFL young player awards

ram59

58 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The Ipswich player who has been nominated has only played 1/4 of the minutes that Cashin has. That hardly seems fair to Cashin, who's had the odd bad game since Xmas, but at least 30 good ones all season.

Maybe not, I didn’t even look at the list to be honest. Just the pointlessness of someone thinking was another conspiracy compelled me to comment.

but it’s an individual award, i’m not really bothered who gets nominated. 

would say I think cashin has had the odd good game since Christmas rather than the other way around.

59 minutes ago, David said:

Liked your post for this point.

Saw @Steve Bloomer's Washing mention McGoldrick snubbed earlier as well.

I think all club fans are biased, how much League 1 football do we watch to say who should and shouldn't be up for the award?

The Jackie Stamps is surely worth more given it's decided by the fans of the club who have seen you week in week out.

You need to do some vetting, obviously the forum is being infiltrated with EFL activists.

# Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean you aren’t being followed. 👀

Humphreys' inclusion is bizarre to say the least. 10 starts and 7 sub apps making a total of 917 minutes of football. He also has a Whoscored rating of just 6.50, ranking him 59th of all L1 players aged 21 or below.

A lot of our own youngsters have played more and are rated higher: Cashin, Sibley, White, Rooney and Roberts

The others: Mumbai is 4th highest rated woth 7.09, and Rak-Sakyi is 8th with 7.01 and is the top scoring youngster with 13. Both have 6 assists, only bettered by 2 others (both 7)

Cashin is the top rated youngster with 7.34, whilst 2nd best is only 7.16.

Another stat I noticed: Dobbin is joint 6th for assists (4)

Considering the EFL are the governing body representing the 72 non-PL clubs, they have proved themselves to be an inept, weak, self-serving organisation who far too often have failed to provide sound guidance and support to their members when it has been needed. But corrupt and dishonest? Not in my opinion and the nonsensical chanting of f*** the EFL every time a refereeing decision goes against us just continues to cause further embarrassment to our Club - our owner is trying to repair our relationship with the EFL following the disastrous stewardship of Morris and must squirm in his seat everytime it happens.

For all their faults the EFL do not appoint the officials so I fail to see how they can influence their performance - weak refereeing is rife throughout all levels of English football and despite what should have been a welcoming of VAR, it has been ridiculed because those making the decisions are, more often than not, the same incompetent officials.

34 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Maybe not, I didn’t even look at the list to be honest. Just the pointlessness of someone thinking was another conspiracy compelled me to comment.

but it’s an individual award, i’m not really bothered who gets nominated. 

would say I think cashin has had the odd good game since Christmas rather than the other way around.

The point is not even considered cashin or David macgoldic if they had no issue why not put them forward.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Considering the EFL are the governing body representing the 72 non-PL clubs, they have proved themselves to be an inept, weak, self-serving organisation who far too often have failed to provide sound guidance and support to their members when it has been needed. But corrupt and dishonest? Not in my opinion and the nonsensical chanting of f*** the EFL every time a refereeing decision goes against us just continues to cause further embarrassment to our Club - our owner is trying to repair our relationship with the EFL following the disastrous stewardship of Morris and must squirm in his seat everytime it happens.

For all their faults the EFL do not appoint the officials so I fail to see how they can influence their performance - weak refereeing is rife throughout all levels of English football and despite what should have been a welcoming of VAR, it has been ridiculed because those making the decisions are, more often than not, the same incompetent officials.

Why we are sticking upto them I think it should changed even louder.

14 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think it should changed even louder.

Was it the EFLs fault that we had 28 shots on goal yesterday but only managed to score with one of them.

And the crap refereeing decisions (when they have nothing to do with providing the match officials)

2 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

They must’ve been considered. Sounds like cashin be a better pick than humphries. 

but really don’t care about player of the year awards! All about the team 

Yes I know but they desevse it only reason they were not considered because play for derby county and proundly.

4 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

I don’t think I’d bother going to watch the games if I genuinely thought the efl and refs were plotting against us! What would be the point?

If you like or not they are and they dont see you succeed in get promation back to the champership.

4 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

You telling me that dont have words with them because they do I see right through them.