Cashin Snubbed in EFL young player awards

ram59

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

What about jasion knight pently that stone cold but oh no not given wander why.

That wasn’t a penalty B4 - I had an excellent view and I was more annoyed that he didn’t cut inside and shoot on goal - I suspect going down like that is a consequence of being in the Eire squad 

4 hours ago, ram59 said:

I agree that it's subconscious bias and not an EFL conspiracy against us, in relation to decisions against us on and off the pitch.

There is a general consensus in football fans that I speak to, that we are a bunch of cheating so and so's, who have got off lightly and have little sympathy for us, until I actually put them right. Now, these views will naturally be shared by decision makers, both on and off the pitch, not deliberately but subconsciously, when making these decisions.

It's difficult to decide whether some of these poor decisions are just rubbish decisions or whether there is an element of subconscious bias in them. The decision to include Humphries who has played only 7 full matches this season, only 1 which was a victory, doesn't seem to have any logic to it. How many times have we seen a young player come in and have a few good games, before going off the boil and dropping off the first team scene? These players don't get put forward for player of the year awards. In fact, Humphreys has rarely made the squad during this recent winning run by Ipswich, he has only contributed to their poorest group of results this season.

Wow. That’s a big assertion with no actual evidence to back it up. I suspect, in general, decision makers are a little more knowledgeable and level headed than us football fans passionate about our own club and ignorant of other clubs true circumstances.

I equally have no evidence to support it by I genuinely doubt any referees consciously or subconsciously think Derby County got off lightly and therefore need to be punished with with bad decisions.

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

What about jasion knight pently that stone cold but oh no not given wander why.

Do you think we’ve ever had a penalty that wasn’t really one and the ref was wrong? So we ended up getting a incorrect penalty?

1 hour ago, MickD said:

Knight cut in front of the defender and slowed down in an attempt to "buy" a penalty.

Yeah that one was definitely not a pen. Had a very clear view of it.  Knight's touch took him wider than he wanted so he went down. This illustrates the point in a microcosm. Knight should have scored. One of many great chances squandered. That's what the focus should be on - not conspiracy theories about referees and the EFL.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

That wasn’t a penalty B4 - I had an excellent view and I was more annoyed that he didn’t cut inside and shoot on goal - I suspect going down like that is a consequence of being in the Eire squad 

Well alright when clubs do it to us then.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Well from my angle it was one and ref saw and did sodd all.

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well from my angle it was one and ref saw and did sodd all.

Watching on RamsTV with replays, it was never a penalty. You would be fuming had it been given against us, no doubt calling it an EFL conspiracy 

13 minutes ago, David said:

Watching on RamsTV with replays, it was never a penalty. You would be fuming had it been given against us, no doubt calling it an EFL conspiracy 

Well I feel that there is one if they is not why not consider our players for eward then that one put it to bed.

The standard of refereeing in L1 is obviously quite poor, for all teams. It's been suggested there is a shortage of available match officials, due to the VAR commitments. It's understandable that qualifying and working through the ranks as referee isn't so popular. The abuse at amateur level is disgraceful.  

1 minute ago, europia said:

The standard of refereeing in L1 is obviously quite poor, for all teams. It's been suggested there is a shortage of available match officials, due to the VAR commitments. It's understandable that qualifying and working through the ranks as referee isn't so popular. The abuse at amateur level is disgraceful.  

Should stand em in good stead for when they get to us 😂

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I feel that there is one if they is not why not consider our players for eward then that one put it to bed.

Paul Warne won manager of the month, David McGoldrick won player of the month, both whilst at Derby and fairly recently. 

If the EFL were against giving us any kind of award, explain that one. 

Also explain why the club have said they have a very good relationship with the EFL.

On 11/04/2023 at 20:10, Wolfie20 said:

Considering the EFL are the governing body representing the 72 non-PL clubs, they have proved themselves to be an inept, weak, self-serving organisation who far too often have failed to provide sound guidance and support to their members when it has been needed. But corrupt and dishonest? Not in my opinion and the nonsensical chanting of f*** the EFL every time a refereeing decision goes against us just continues to cause further embarrassment to our Club - our owner is trying to repair our relationship with the EFL following the disastrous stewardship of Morris and must squirm in his seat everytime it happens.

For all their faults the EFL do not appoint the officials so I fail to see how they can influence their performance - weak refereeing is rife throughout all levels of English football and despite what should have been a welcoming of VAR, it has been ridiculed because those making the decisions are, more often than not, the same incompetent officials.

I don't think there is any conspiracy against us but I'm shocked that anyone that followed what happened to us over the last 2 or 3 years would conclude that the EFL are not corrupt or dishonest.

7 hours ago, David said:

Paul Warne won manager of the month, David McGoldrick won player of the month, both whilst at Derby and fairly recently. 

If the EFL were against giving us any kind of award, explain that one. 

Also explain why the club have said they have a very good relationship with the EFL.

….because those award are jinxed and we were destined for top two … so they did it to derail our promotion charge 😎😉😂

The penalty claim on Saturday was pretty similar to the one Knight conceded at Lincoln. The only difference was the Lincoln player (currently charged with rape, incidentally) arguably had marginally greater control of the ball. The contact was caused, like Saturday, by a change of line by the attacker. So I certainly have "seen them given".

12 hours ago, David said:

Isn't the issue that the reverse does seem to happen, but inconsistency means we never seem to get them give our way? Lincoln (A) had arguably less contact, Plymouth (A) is another example. Those 'soft' penalties seem to regularly be given against us, but never for us. 

While I don't personally buy into the conspiracy, it's very easy to see where it comes from. We were treated unfairly by the EFL, with the ramifications of their decisions still being felt, and this perceived bias in officiating did seem to begin alongside that whole debacle, hence why I imagine people are linking the two. 

We're just seemingly always on the wrong-side of officiating inconsistency, and that's really frustrating. 

7 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Isn't the issue that the reverse does seem to happen, but inconsistency means we never seem to get them give our way? Lincoln (A) had arguably less contact, Plymouth (A) is another example. Those 'soft' penalties seem to regularly be given against us, but never for us. 

While I don't personally buy into the conspiracy, it's very easy to see where it comes from. We were treated unfairly by the EFL, with the ramifications of their decisions still being felt, and this perceived bias in officiating did seem to begin alongside that whole debacle, hence why I imagine people are linking the two. 

We're just seemingly always on the wrong-side of officiating inconsistency, and that's really frustrating. 

Go on any club forum, or social media hashtag, you will find similar comments by fans up and down the country.

Even in the Premier League they have had some spectacular c*** ups, watch enough football it’s clear there is no Derby County conspiracy theory. 

Decisions that go in our favour don’t stick in the memory unlike those that cost you points, just how it is, yet “some” of our fans have gone full on Alex Jones with it.

22 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Not really sure how Cashin fails to make the shortlist. A tad off his game by his own high standards in recent weeks, but consistently the top performing young CB in the L1 for the balance of the season.

Fingers crossed for slightly less 'interest' in him from other clubs as a consequence. I wouldn't mind that at all.

It would be interesting to learn what actually goes into arriving at a shortlist. Cashin would seem a strong candidate based on stats but also just picking a random match or two to watch (as long as it wasn’t about a month ago!)

McGoldrick’s omission (from the senior award list) is only surprising because there’s been more hype about him (eg the “cheat code” comment and scoring hat-tricks for the first time at the age of 35). There are 3 higher scorers in the league than him and a couple of them looked an absolute nuisance when we played them, whereas I think most clubs would regard McGoldrick as one to keep quiet who can be kept quiet.