Cashin Snubbed in EFL young player awards

ram59

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The debateable decisions started under Cocu. I recall counting all of the penalty shouts we had dismissed, and we were in the 20s before I gave up and we still didn't have a single one. However, some very debatable penalties were given against us, including a very obvious dive by WBA under absolutely zero contact.

This just so happened to coincide with the start of Gibson's and the EFL's media campaign against us.

I stand by my view it's subconscious bias.

I agree that it's subconscious bias and not an EFL conspiracy against us, in relation to decisions against us on and off the pitch.

There is a general consensus in football fans that I speak to, that we are a bunch of cheating so and so's, who have got off lightly and have little sympathy for us, until I actually put them right. Now, these views will naturally be shared by decision makers, both on and off the pitch, not deliberately but subconsciously, when making these decisions.

It's difficult to decide whether some of these poor decisions are just rubbish decisions or whether there is an element of subconscious bias in them. The decision to include Humphries who has played only 7 full matches this season, only 1 which was a victory, doesn't seem to have any logic to it. How many times have we seen a young player come in and have a few good games, before going off the boil and dropping off the first team scene? These players don't get put forward for player of the year awards. In fact, Humphreys has rarely made the squad during this recent winning run by Ipswich, he has only contributed to their poorest group of results this season.

11 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I agree that it's subconscious bias and not an EFL conspiracy against us, in relation to decisions against us on and off the pitch.

There is a general consensus in football fans that I speak to, that we are a bunch of cheating so and so's, who have got off lightly and have little sympathy for us, until I actually put them right. Now, these views will naturally be shared by decision makers, both on and off the pitch, not deliberately but subconsciously, when making these decisions.

It's difficult to decide whether some of these poor decisions are just rubbish decisions or whether there is an element of subconscious bias in them. The decision to include Humphries who has played only 7 full matches this season, only 1 which was a victory, doesn't seem to have any logic to it. How many times have we seen a young player come in and have a few good games, before going off the boil and dropping off the first team scene? These players don't get put forward for player of the year awards. In fact, Humphreys has rarely made the squad during this recent winning run by Ipswich, he has only contributed to their poorest group of results this season.

Yes there is

Wake up and see what is going off

If cashin and macgoldic were playing else they would be picked anything make players look bad.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yes, subconscious bias by a significant number of referees. PGMOL and the EFL have absolutely nothing to do with it.

OK but in that case why state in your original post that

"this just so happened to coincide with the start of Gibson's and the EFL's media campaign against us."

It gives the impression that you think the EFL are responsible for creating the context that has led to the unconscious bias doesn't it?

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

You telling me not having words in there ears.

Yeah there's no way that will be happening. Even if the EFL wanted to do that it would be massively risky for them to do so. As PGMOL rather than the EFL are responsible for the governance of referees, referees would have no reason to accept any attempt at interference and at least some would very likely be outraged by it.Β  it would only take one referee who wanted to make a name for himself to blow the whistle on the EFL's attempt to influence them. They'd then obviously be subject to legal action from Derby that they'd have very little chance of sucessfully defending. As we know from the Boro/Wycombe interventions when we were in Adminstration, the EFL are extremely careful to avoid any risk of legal action by clubs. So there'd be absolutely no rational reason for them to take such ahuge and unecessary risk even if they wanted to. It's pretty self evident...

13 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

"this just so happened to coincide with the start of Gibson's and the EFL's media campaign against us."

It gives the impression that you think the EFL are responsible for creating the context that has led to the unconscious bias doesn't it?

I interpreted your previous reply to suggest I thought the EFL were instructing refs to be biased "Subconscious bias by whom? Referees who are governed by PGMOL and are not appointed by the EFL?"

The EFL undoubtedly were leaking secret information regarding our P&S case to the media. This information had the sole purpose of making the club look bad, as proven by the views of pretty much any 'neutral' you speak to who doesn't know the full facts.

Yes, the EFL's actions have made an impact on those officiating our games. No, the EFL are not instructing the refs to make decisions against us.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes there is

Wake up and see what is going off

If cashin and macgoldic were playing else they would be picked anything make players look bad.

Explain to us all how Paul Warne recently won the EFL Skybet League 1 manager of the month.

Whilst you’re at it, tell us how David McGoldrick won the EFL Skybet League 1 player of the month.

This huge vendetta against Derby County yet given these awards mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

26 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

I mean, they did retrospectively punish us for something that wasn't explicitly against the rules until last year... The dogmatic manner in which they pursued it will have contributed to the narrative that we are 'villains'. Add to that the fact that the leaks to the media came directly from Trevor Birch's office, and I don't think it's unreasonable to say they heavily contributed to that rhetoric

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Mmm of course there isn'tΒ 

Yes flaming well is they have it in for us.

We have had 7 penalties this season only one behind the highest penalty earners. Wycombe have had 2 and Cheltenham have only had one all season. Fans were screaming for a penalty for Collins punching the ball. It is all supposed to even itself out over a season.

23 minutes ago, David said:

Explain to us all how Paul Warne recently won the EFL Skybet League 1 manager of the month.

Whilst you’re at it, tell us how David McGoldrick won the EFL Skybet League 1 player of the month.

This huge vendetta against Derby County yet given these awards mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

They were hacked obviously, emails were intercepted by B4 and he changed the names.

They’re still lucky that they still got the awards to be honest.Β 

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

Fans were screaming for a penalty for Collins punching the ball.

And followed it with duck the EFL chants, really weird.

This victim mentality that’s hanging around really needs to be shifted.

To quote a line from the club earlier this month…..

The club has very good relations with the EFL again and we also worked with them closely on the launch and feedback of the White Paper and expressed our support towards it.

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/derby-county-supporters-charter-group-meeting/

11 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

We have had 7 penalties this season only one behind the highest penalty earners. Wycombe have had 2 and Cheltenham have only had one all season. Fans were screaming for a penalty for Collins punching the ball. It is all supposed to even itself out over a season.

Evidence based argument. It'll never catch onπŸ˜†

8 minutes ago, David said:

And followed it with duck the EFL chants, really weird.

This victim mentality that’s hanging around really needs to be shifted.

To quote a line from the club earlier this month…..

The club has very good relations with the EFL again and we also worked with them closely on the launch and feedback of the White Paper and expressed our support towards it.

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/derby-county-supporters-charter-group-meeting/

Yep. I'd go as far as to say that if you're still chanting F the EFL and banging on about a non-existent vendetta, you're basically acting against the wishes of the owner and therefore in a way that's detrimental to the interests of the club.

It's beyond embarrassing hearing that every time a decision doesn't go our way...

44 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Yep. I'd go as far as to say that if you're still chanting F the EFL and banging on about a non-existent vendetta, you're basically acting against the wishes of the owner and therefore in a way that's detrimental to the interests of the club.

It's beyond embarrassing hearing that every time a decision doesn't go our way...

Why just saying the truth.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Morcombe can complain as 4 of them were against them πŸ˜‚