Cashin Snubbed in EFL young player awards

ram59

29 minutes ago, David said:

Go on any club forum, or social media hashtag, you will find similar comments by fans up and down the country.

Even in the Premier League they have had some spectacular c*** ups, watch enough football it’s clear there is no Derby County conspiracy theory. 

Decisions that go in our favour don’t stick in the memory unlike those that cost you points, just how it is, yet “some” of our fans have gone full on Alex Jones with it.

I agree and I made sure to consider confirmation bias before I posted. Ask any Derby fan and they could have told you over a decade ago that Stuart Attwell isn't a particularly good referee, and yet he's considered one of the best in the country now and was put in the position to really mess up the Spurs Brighton game. It's a problem that's plaguing every level of the game at the moment, it's not exclusively an 'us' problem.

However, even with that context, it just feels like we're on the wrong side of more bad decisions than most. We've had the most penalties given against us than any other team in the league (9), but the disallowed goal the other week due to miscommunication is the one that really stings- completely ruined the game through sheer incompetence. Apologies after the fact mean nothing, I'd just like more consistency. At every level this needs investigating now, as the standard of officiating does seem to be, as Darren Bent put it on talksport last night, at an ''all-time low''...

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I agree and I made sure to consider confirmation bias before I posted. Ask any Derby fan and they could have told you over a decade ago that Stuart Attwell isn't a particularly good referee, and yet he's considered one of the best in the country now and was put in the position to really mess up the Spurs Brighton game. It's a problem that's plaguing every level of the game at the moment, it's not exclusively an 'us' problem.

However, even with that context, it just feels like we're on the wrong side of more bad decisions than most. We've had the most penalties given against us than any other team in the league (9), but the disallowed goal the other week due to miscommunication is the one that really stings- completely ruined the game through sheer incompetence. Apologies after the fact mean nothing, I'd just like more consistency. At every level this needs investigating now, as the standard of officiating does seem to be, as Darren Bent put it on talksport last night, at an ''all-time low''...

Yeah I mean there is absolutely no reason why all professional referees should but be full time employees to improve the quality out there. 

5 days a week work, up to 2 games, 3 days of reviewing decisions made, communication and working on fitness.

Take a couple of million out of each Premier League clubs prize money at the end of each season, that would more than cover the costs.

The PGMOL currently have just 22 full time referees and 79 match officials in total, thats just not enough.

Things will never get better until this is addressed and we have our referees working as post men during the week. Like many issues in the game, it’s insane that the PGMOL appear to be only interested in the Premier League.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah I mean there is absolutely no reason why all professional referees should but be full time employees to improve the quality out there. 

5 days a week work, up to 2 games, 3 days of reviewing decisions made, communication and working on fitness.

Take a couple of million out of each Premier League clubs prize money at the end of each season, that would more than cover the costs.

The PGMOL currently have just 22 full time referees and 79 match officials in total, thats just not enough.

Things will never get better until this is addressed and we have our referees working as post men during the week. Like many issues in the game, it’s insane that the PGMOL appear to be only interested in the Premier League.

I saw a stat the other days which showed the average match fee for referees in England was a third of that for referees in Spain, Germany, Italy and France. It was around £1500 for England. I assume that's only top division too.

12 hours ago, David said:

Paul Warne won manager of the month, David McGoldrick won player of the month, both whilst at Derby and fairly recently. 

If the EFL were against giving us any kind of award, explain that one. 

Also explain why the club have said they have a very good relationship with the EFL.

Because they know he would have kicked off about it even warn is starting to see what going off now.

26 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Because they know he would have kicked off about it even warn is starting to see what going off now.

So just to summarise.

Warne was given manager of the month as they knew he would kick off with them if he wasn't given it.

I'm assuming Cashin wouldn't kick off with the EFL so they left him out the shortlist.

This has angered you, yet if given an award yourself from the EFL for supporter of the season, you would tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, unless they drop all restrictions which David Clowes agreed to when buying the club.

Finally, even though the club have said they have a very good relationship with the club, you believe they are telling referees to not give us penalties.

Gotcha. I totally understand now.

11 minutes ago, David said:

So just to summarise.

Warne was given manager of the month as they knew he would kick off with them if he wasn't given it.

I'm assuming Cashin wouldn't kick off with the EFL so they left him out the shortlist.

This has angered you, yet if given an award yourself from the EFL for supporter of the season, you would tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, unless they drop all restrictions which David Clowes agreed to when buying the club.

Finally, even though the club have said they have a very good relationship with the club, you believe they are telling referees to not give us penalties.

Glad you got there 😂

I dont think there's an efl conspiracy any more but i am sick of the media love in with NFFC - every time they're on the media - its pathetic - i think they are doing this as a sideways hate on DCFC - so basically sneakily hating on us by loving on Florist. Anyway their time is coming, their pride will come before their massive fall...just watch

Obviously i'm only jo king , butt the love in with florist is rather cringeworthy at times

But overlooking Cashin is poor - but there's a few others from other clubs not on these lists - i think its more a case of the people who do them don't have a great football knowledge like many of the fans who are immersed in their club and the division they are in.

However if we are overlooked by the efl catering awards i will begin to believe in conspiracy...ofcourse with a few vol au vants and sausage and pineapple on sticks we could walk the efl catering awards

46 minutes ago, LN747 said:

However if we are overlooked by the efl catering awards i will begin to believe in conspiracy...ofcourse with a few vol au vants and sausage and pineapple on sticks we could walk the efl catering awards

I heard we were a shoo-in for the catering gong, so they pulled the award 🤥

On a semi-serious note though, shouldn't Forest Green Rovers be hanging their collective heads in shame at not being nominated for the "EFL Green Club Award"? I thought even their players were powered by renewable energy.

2 hours ago, LN747 said:

I dont think there's an efl conspiracy any more but i am sick of the media love in with NFFC - every time they're on the media - its pathetic - i think they are doing this as a sideways hate on DCFC - so basically sneakily hating on us by loving on Florist. Anyway their time is coming, their pride will come before their massive fall...just watch

Obviously i'm only jo king , butt the love in with florist is rather cringeworthy at times

But overlooking Cashin is poor - but there's a few others from other clubs not on these lists - i think its more a case of the people who do them don't have a great football knowledge like many of the fans who are immersed in their club and the division they are in.

There is conspiracy mate they just hate us doing well when they wanted is relegation battle or see us fail in promation trying damnist to see that happen.

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

There is conspiracy mate they just hate us doing well when they wanted is relegation battle or see us fail in promation trying damnist to see that happen.

Who ever 'they' are? Really there is no hate and no conspiracy.  

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Tin hat on here but since our dip in form I think he has looked very average and the deficiencies in his game very badly exposed.

That said, he's a young lad still learning the game and I'm sure he will come back stronger. 

He looks better in a back four, with Fozzy and oddly enough with Sibs at LFB. Whilst Roberts is full of enthusiasm and athleticism I'm not sure about his defensive qualities. 

15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

That's not the point is it

Best young player in our league but get looked over because he play for derby.

Perhaps its the opposite and the EFL love us so much that they dont want to nominate him to raise his profile for even more offers over the summer 😉

15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

If that was true surely they would want us promoted this year to laugh at next season as we struggle in the more high profile championship whilst under continued restrictions while other championship teams fall apart financially but dont get points deductions to make sure we are relegated again?

On 13/04/2023 at 13:35, David said:

So just to summarise.

FINALLY!   🤣