Free agents in the summer

B4ev6is

3 hours ago, beardyjim said:

Can we end this crackpot theory that we're all still pished off with the EFL? Over it, move on, what's done is done. 

No thanks to EFL. For a start they approved CK to buy us FGS (where would that had led) and didnt put a stop to the parasites. Whilst same people still at helm and with power my view of them does not change and I am still pished off with them and many others over how they acted. They wanted us gone altogether and I wont forgive or forget. 

So realistically what do people think we need in the summer ?

for me 

Loach released 

McGee back to FGR

so at least x1 GK to compete with Wildsmith

Davies - released 

stearman- released 

chester - released 

CBS at least two maybe three = 2-3 CBs

Forsyth- maybe released 

2x LBs ( one being Roberts hopefully signing on a free)

RB is a necessity x1-2 RB

Midfield 

Sibley will be sold 

Hourihane- offered new deal but I think he’ll turn it down possibly go to Plymouth if promoted to championship as he played there 

so x2 extra CMs

Barkhuizen- be sold 

Dobbin - back to Everton 

so at least x2-3 W 

Mcgolderick- new contract 

Collins ok but I think possibly 1-2 new CFs

plus extra U21 signings we need about 8-10 in that squad from released premier league and championship clubs 

so in total maybe 10-15 First team signings + 8-10 U21s 

16 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

for me 

Loach released 

McGee back to FGR

Davies - released 

stearman- released 

chester - released 

Forsyth- maybe released 

Midfield 

Sibley will be sold 

Hourihane- offered new deal but I think he’ll turn it down possibly go to Plymouth if promoted to championship as he played there 

so x2 extra CMs

Barkhuizen- be sold 

Dobbin - back to Everton 

so at least x2-3 W 

plus extra U21 signings we need about 8-10 in that squad from released premier league and championship clubs 

Think Hourihane has another year.  Think he'll still be here.

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

No thanks to EFL. For a start they approved CK to buy us FGS (where would that had led) and didnt put a stop to the parasites. Whilst same people still at helm and with power my view of them does not change and I am still pished off with them and many others over how they acted. They wanted us gone altogether and I wont forgive or forget. 

CK’s application for approval would have looked strong.  If you think the eFl is supposed to uncover peccadillos that even his financial backers (Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan) haven’t guessed at, then you’re living in lala land. Most likely his hefty backers wrote him references 

And the truth is the EFl wanted us taken over, to put an end to their and our misery. So faced with a plausible bidder, they would have thought they were doing us a favour by waiving it through pronto. 

If you think the EFL wanted us gone, then you have a remarkable ability to ignore facts.  

btw, I do agree EFL seemed too weak in dealing with Boro and Wycombe’s despicable conduct.  But we have little idea what was going on behind the scenes. The fact is Boro had the ability to continue to block our take over but nevertheless agreed a deal. I suspect Parry had a hand in that 

30 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

for me 

Loach released 

McGee back to FGR

Davies - released 

stearman- released 

chester - released 

Forsyth- maybe released 

Midfield 

Sibley will be sold 

so x2 extra CMs

Barkhuizen- be sold 

Dobbin - back to Everton 

so at least x2-3 W 

Bold post.

Not sure Sibley will be sold and I definitely think we should give Forsyth another year. I’d expect we’ll be the best offer Hourihane gets (I think we have him for 2 years ?) But his current form suggests he’s all of a sudden realised he’s in the shop window and doesn’t yet see a route into management.   I would keep Barkhuizen - I think he’s been under utilised. What about Knight? Clearly leaving if we don’t go up and perhaps he’s off anyway ... 

Here’s hoping Curtis’ swan song is at Wembley, as he hands the mantle to Bird.  

47 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

CK’s application for approval would have looked strong.  If you think the eFl is supposed to uncover peccadillos that even his financial backers (Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan) haven’t guessed at, then you’re living in lala land. Most likely his hefty backers wrote him references 

And the truth is the EFl wanted us taken over, to put an end to their and our misery. So faced with a plausible bidder, they would have thought they were doing us a favour by waiving it through pronto. 

If you think the EFL wanted us gone, then you have a remarkable ability to ignore facts.  

btw, I do agree EFL seemed too weak in dealing with Boro and Wycombe’s despicable conduct.  But we have little idea what was going on behind the scenes. The fact is Boro had the ability to continue to block our take over but nevertheless agreed a deal. I suspect Parry had a hand in that 

"Living in la la land" and "remarkable ability to ignore facts" - so humbled and grateful you agree EFL seemed too weak dealing with Boro and Wycombe. I am truly honoured and my life is now complete

On 22/04/2023 at 22:12, Oldben said:

https://www.fanzine.com/football/derby-county-fc/paul-warne-issues-derby-county-transfer-update-ahead-of-deadline

Speaking to Derbyshire Live, he said: “We’re trying to bring a striker in that suits us and suits the way we play. If we can’t, then we can’t, there’s no point in just going to get a striker for strikers’ sake.”

So, about 8 ft tall, big and muscly enough to hold off brutish cbs, but slick enough to run in behind chasing 60 yard punts?

🤣

21 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

"Living in la la land" and "remarkable ability to ignore facts" - so humbled and grateful you agree EFL seemed too weak dealing with Boro and Wycombe. I am truly honoured and my life is now complete

Ok so apologies for being an ar$e and your sarky response is understandable. But are we still seriously peddling this stuff about the efl? They wanted us to go under?????!!! Can you begin to imagine what the repercussions for them would have been, given their role in the piece, with half the MPs in the land lining up against them ?

People have suggested a separate thread for duck the efl and ‘cheating’ refs because it makes us a laughing stock. A separate forum would make more sense imo

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Ok so apologies for being an ar$e and your sarky response is understandable. But are we still seriously peddling this stuff about the efl? They wanted us to go under?????!!! Can you begin to imagine what the repercussions for them would have been, given their role in the piece, with half the MPs in the land lining up against them ?

People have suggested a separate thread for duck the efl and ‘cheating’ refs because it makes us a laughing stock. A separate forum would make more sense imo

You've actually hit the nail on the head in a round about way when asking "can you even begin to imagine the repercussions for them if...?" 

All throughout the ordeal, and throughout previous clubs' ordeals, the EFL's main concern has been their own image, making sure that they had their own backs covered so as for no blame to lie at their door. 

Dhead as he was, Morris had a point about the EFL's inability to properly govern the leagues in a way which created fair competition, about parachute payments and about their inability to sell their product for the right sort of money. It never sat right with them that he had pointed this out and you'd better believe that it had some impact on the way we were treated when Mel's own b******* hit the fan.

Of course it wasn't their intention to see us go out of business, that would be madness, but it most certainly was their intention to levy against us as many charges as possible and apply as high a level of punishment for those charges as they could get away with. They went to great lengths to ensure that anything in their rulebooks that was open to interpretation, that could be dealt with  at their discretion on a case by case basis, was interpreted in whichever manner most turned the screws on us.

Indeed the very real proposition of our demise was not their intention, but an oversight, missed because they were more focused on getting their own back on Mel Morris than treating us in accordance with their treatment of other clubs 

It was an outcome for which the chances it stood to occur had been exacerbated by the nature in which they had pursued their case against us and their failure to deal with others taking action against us, itself brought about because their own failings had put them in an impossible situation whereby Gibson was threatening to sue them!

Their archaic incompetence is only highlighted by their very actions risking their priority number 1, self defence of their public image. It was crushed when the politicians started getting involved.

By the end they were s******* themselves at the prospect that this nearly happened on their watch, but still of course they wouldn't hold their hands up and instead came out with some nonsense that made it sound like they were the ones responsible for vetoing Kirchner's bid.

Edited by Kokosnuss

Based on what Warne has said a few times regarding goals from corners, Matt Pennington has to be high up the wish list of CBs no matter which division. Either first choice in L1 or squad option in the Championship.
Right sided CB and has 4 set piece goals this season, with only 4 players having more this season (1 defender), and only 4 players have more headed goals (all CFs).

Cashin, Pennington, Roberts, Rooney plus 2 more CBs I reckon.

6 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

You've actually hit the nail on the head in a round about way when asking "can you even begin to imagine the repercussions for them if...?" 

All throughout the ordeal, and throughout previous clubs' ordeals, the EFL's main concern has been their own image, making sure that they had their own backs covered so as for no blame to lie at their door. 

Dhead as he was, Morris had a point about the EFL's inability to properly govern the leagues in a way which created fair competition, about parachute payments and about their inability to sell their product for the right sort of money. It never sat right with them that he had pointed this out and you'd better believe that it had some impact on the way we were treated when Mel's own b******* hit the fan.

Of course it wasn't their intention to see us go out of business, that would be madness, but it most certainly was their intention to levy against us as many charges as possible and apply as high a level of punishment for those charges as they could get away with. They went to great lengths to ensure that anything in their rulebooks that was open to interpretation, that could be dealt with  at their discretion on a case by case basis, was interpreted in whichever manner most turned the screws on us.

Indeed the very real proposition of our demise was not their intention, but an oversight, missed because they were more focused on getting their own back on Mel Morris than treating us in accordance with their treatment of other clubs 

It was an outcome for which the chances it stood to occur had been exacerbated by the nature in which they had pursued their case against us and their failure to deal with others taking action against us, itself brought about because their own failings had put them in an impossible situation whereby Gibson was threatening to sue them!

Their archaic incompetence is only highlighted by their very actions risking their priority number 1, self defence of their public image. It was crushed when the politicians started getting involved.

By the end they were s******* themselves at the prospect that this nearly happened on their watch, but still of course they wouldn't hold their hands up and instead came out with some nonsense that made it sound like they were the ones responsible for vetoing Kirchner's bid.

This sums up the situation superbly and should be the last word on the matter.👏