V Plymouth (a) 7th March 20.00

Boycie

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

I’m afraid this team isn’t good enough to go up. We struggle for consistency throughout the 90 minutes, and when pitched against the  better teams we invariably come out second best. 
Another season in this godforsaken league beckons. 

Is that really surprising given it was thrown together? Been over performing all season and now lack of depth really starting to bite.  

4 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Unfortunately I think we'll be suffering another season of dismal L1 officials next year. We've over-achieved to even be in the top 6 this year with a patchwork squad, but our results against those in and around us haven't been good enough and I don't think we'd have enough over 2 legs in the play-off semis. 

ESP when you’re playing against the ref too

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

I’m afraid this team isn’t good enough to go up. We struggle for consistency throughout the 90 minutes, and when pitched against the  better teams we invariably come out second best. 
Another season in this godforsaken league beckons. 

This season isn’t over yet, yes we’re on a poor run but it wasn’t long ago we were on a great run. Still plenty of games left to play, every chance of the playoffs and when it’s knock out football you just don’t know. 
If we don’t go up we could end up further strengthening the side and going up as champions next season, wouldn’t that be fun? Or we could end up poorer and stopping in league one for longer. Or we could go up this season and get hammered every week in the championship, or go up and win successive promotions….none of it is written yet. So yeah, be disappointed with a poor result and another lead thrown away, but no point writing a season off until it’s done and dusted. 

Better team won. Played mostly on the floor.  We lacked composure all over the pitch in that second half. Made to resort to long balls. Unfortunately, we lacked characters on the pitch to turn it around. They looked like they just wanted it more. They changed formations. We couldn’t keep up. 

It’s all about 6th place now. 

Just now, OssieEnd said:

What I dont get i

How come we started so well ?? ... ! up at  HT

Yet we melt away again ... and again ...

What is Warne doing   ???

Because there is another team playing who are trying to win too and they performed better in second half than we did?. It happens. Unfortunately, it has now happened twice in a row, which is quite frustrating to say the least.  

Long term Derby issue has been coping with opposition tactical changes. We just can’t cope with it for some reason. 

1 minute ago, OssieEnd said:

What I dont get i

How come we started so well ?? ... ! up at  HT

Yet we melt away again ... and again ...

What is Warne doing   ???

I don't think Warne was playing. He can knly do so much. It is down to the players 

Just now, Diego said:

2nd half showing absolutely rotten again. Couldn’t even pass 3 yards. 

This is becoming a trend. We play like Real Madrid for 15 mins in the first half then just melt away ... 

Its actually faffing me off big time now coz Warne was brought in to address this 

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

We’re missing birdy badly… do feel he was /is a integral cog that sometimes goes unnoticed by so many… myself included sometimes 

Yeah I’m not his biggest fan at times. Maybe better than we realise.

not getting a striker in January was a huge mistake, same with a right back as well.