V Plymouth (a) 7th March 20.00

Boycie

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Looked as if Warne was going straight off but could have been bad camera angles and focussing on Plymouth who obviously just qualified for Europe. Please tell me staff and players came over to you fans? Well done travelling fans - wish so much they could have done it for you. Did yourselves proud could hear you throughout. Safe travels

Fair play to them going all that way on a Tuesday night. Well I think it was Tuesday morning they would have had to set off tbf. 

11 minutes ago, DRBee said:

There are questions about Warne and his substitutions. Not sure if tonight's subs have improved things. Changing personnel but keeping formation same isn't enough. Forwards too separated and not enough of our players in their box.We are predictable.

Im not sure if our January additions have really improved things to be honest.

they feel a little bit more bodies in the building than actual improvements on the 11.

but this is the hand weve been dealt for this season and next so sadly weve just got to suck it up and put our big boy pants on 

coyr!

I mean we play these twice. HT Leading 2-0 and 1-0 and get no points. Shocking really..but tonight was a 1-1 game just a cheating player and another joke ref made the difference. But. We did nothing at 2-1 to get back in the game. Just like Shrewsbury they changed tactics at HT and yet again Warne did nothing to combat it.

Just now, Loughborough Ram said:

For those moaning that Warne doesn't manage the game, how the f*** do you manage the game with so few options on the bench.

Most of our subs are like for like, so short of going 5 at the back, which would draw complaints that we were sitting back, or going two up front which would weaken the midfield even further, there is little Warne can do.

White was struggling before the pen and we were being overrun, Thompson for White or Rooney if available and Smith in midfield..there were options

Performance levels understandably dropped off 2nd half after working so hard in that 1st half. What is worrying is that we don't seem to be able to change the momentum in games at the moment. 

However we didn't deserve to lose that. A spawny deflected goal and a dubious penalty was the only difference. 

Edited by Steve How Hard?

Well tonight's results in the other matches couldn't have been much worse other than if Portsmouth had won at Barnsley maybe. I'm not feeling smug and certainly don't take any pleasure - all the results were in line with my spreadsheet predictor which still has us finishing 6th. Only 2 points ahead of Peterborough and 3 ahead of Wycombe so, no margin for error. I have down for a draw on Saturday so, perhaps a chance to improve on my prediction but I also have Burton holding Wycombe to a draw.

2 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

People really do forget this. Warne inherited this team of renegades. No buying power. Most on loan or freebies. Hardly any players are his choice. We also forget we nearly didn't have a football team this time last year. I despair with some so called fans on here

This bunch of renegades were 16 games unbeaten, without ever looking like losing. Last seven games have been a real turn around from that. Three defeats and some pretty poor performances. Bird being injured can’t be the sole reason.

also the having a club to support so be happy thing is getting old for me. That’s in the past, I want to look at the league and think how we progress and get back to the championship. Can’t just turn up and be blindly happy forever because of last season.

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

Im not sure if our January additions have really improved things to be honest.

they feel a little bit more bodies in the building than actual improvements on the 11.

but this is the hand weve been dealt for this season and next so sadly weve just got to suck it up and put our big boy pants on 

coyr!

I suppose adding White has improved our options given Bird has been out. Things could have been worse I suppose but none of the additions could compensate for the loss of Max Bird. 

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

This season isn’t over yet, yes we’re on a poor run but it wasn’t long ago we were on a great run. Still plenty of games left to play, every chance of the playoffs and when it’s knock out football you just don’t know. 
If we don’t go up we could end up further strengthening the side and going up as champions next season, wouldn’t that be fun? Or we could end up poorer and stopping in league one for longer. Or we could go up this season and get hammered every week in the championship, or go up and win successive promotions….none of it is written yet. So yeah, be disappointed with a poor result and another lead thrown away, but no point writing a season off until it’s done and dusted. 

A voice of reason amongst the stream of posts blaming the ref/individual players/PE/the commentators!

Frustrating defeat but they were better than us in the end we don’t have the depth and balance in the squad yet which is certainly not PW fault!