Signs you're too DCFC obsessed

CBRammette

So been to see Giovanni from Strictly's show in Cambridge tonight and found myself thinking one of the smokey lit backdrops looked like a sheep and wondered is that a sign we will win tomorrow especially when it was red lit. On mentioning this to Mr CBR I got "the look". 
Have you had random moments when you have realised you are too DCFC obsessed?

43 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Anyone named a child after a Rams player? That would win the award for dedication to the cause.

My mate was called Colin after Colin Todd and there were a few Kevin’s around at school too. I hope I was called after David Mackay but I doubt my mum thinks like that.

I suppose if there is an Igor around that would trump me.

Edited by Gritstone Ram

Back in the day before mobile phones my wife was in hospital giving birth to our second son. It was August 1991 and the first game of the season ( we drew at Sunderland 1-1). I was armed with money to ring all the family from the public phone box once he had been born.

He duly arrived at 3.40 in the afternoon just before half time. I went down to ring everyone to give them the news but decided to ring the club call line first. ( still remember the number 0898 121187). By the time I had finished I had used all my money before even ringing any of the family.

I pretended that all the public phones near the hospital had been vandalised when the family questioned why it was late in the evening when I rang everyone.

When my first son was born, October 1989, we were playing Cambridge in the League Cup ( we won 5-0). My wife was due at any time and against advice I went to the game and left her the phone number of the Baseball Ground so they could put out an announcement if there were  any developments.

We live in Sheffield and he arrived the next morning. I still get grief even now for going to the game. They still know nothing about the Sunderland game.

57 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Anyone named a child after a Rams player? That would win the award for dedication to the cause.

My son is named Kevin after a certain Mr. Hector.

My son has sons named Archie and Horacio and a third son named Dylan Pride, our surname is Parkes so Dylan Pride Parkes is worthy of the award.

Archie is obviously after Archie Gemmill while Horacio is a nod to both Raich Carter and Horacio Carbonari. 

My son married a Peruvian girl so was quite clever at sneaking Rams players and the ground into his kids names.

??

9 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

My son Charlie George (His first and middle name )

We met Charlie a few times and my Charlie has a photo of them together signed 

" To Charlie George best wishes Charlie George"

I`m sure he`s met a lot of Charlie Georges

Edited by Alan Ramage 4 EVA
to add

When I went to register my daughter's birth (1980's) it was near closing time at the registry office (in Leicester, sadly) and the registrar was in 'de-mob' mode and quite chatty. He told me one about a guy who came in and wanted his son to be named after the entire Leicester City team (surnames only).

He told him to f*** and come back the next day when he'd sobered up.

That's obsession, the prat.

14 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

My son is named Kevin after a certain Mr. Hector.

My son has sons named Archie and Horacio and a third son named Dylan Pride, our surname is Parkes so Dylan Pride Parkes is worthy of the award.

Archie is obviously after Archie Gemmill while Horacio is a nod to both Raich Carter and Horacio Carbonari. 

My son married a Peruvian girl so was quite clever at sneaking Rams players and the ground into his kids names.

??

Yep you win!