Barnsley (A), Saturday 25th February 3pm.

Rev

10 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

This is the same referee who was heavily criticised by both Oxford and Ipswich recently for allowing the fogbound game at Oxford to continue. At 75 minutes he informed both captains that if he abandoned the game with 75 minutes played the result would stand with Oxford winning 2-1. The Ipswich captain elected to continue but the ref had got it wrong - if he had abandoned it then, there would have been a rearranged game. Oxford won 2-1.

He was crap when officiating in Scotland.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10927601/Referee-Bobby-Madden-resigns-SFA-two-decades-Scotland-relocates-England.html

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I was a bit confused by on chant from the wanaby Dee Dars. They were calling us scabs??? 

Its what the Yorkshire miners called other miners who worked while they were on strike in the 80's.........Notts miners were the first to fold so why Derby get labelled i dont know, maybe someone knows more than me

Edited by BriggRam

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Anyone know why there is a block of empty seats (bottom left) when this was a sell out?

74DC551C-9239-4497-BAF2-4B7FEA56F095.jpeg

Yep, that's where the players and referee come in and out. It's to make them feel safer.

Strange, the referee wasn't intimidated at all - seemed to be loving the attention. See photo above! 

Our players, on the other hand, looked terrified.

21 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Miners strike from the early 80s

Yes I know what they are referring to but it’s usually aimed at our 6 fingered friends down the A52 even though most of the people that shout it weren’t even born at that time and probably haven’t got a clue why they are shouting it.

It's more about the experience for younger fans than what's happening on the pitch.

Not a criticism, but if the performance doesn't allow them to do this sort of stuff, they'll just go elsewhere to carry on their day out.

You've only got to look around you at the end of the game to see the demographic of those who are there for the football and are prepared to see it out.

Apparently this was us in 85th minute.

FB_IMG_1677403163725.jpg

Edited by angieram

First away game I’ve been to for a while. It went down hill after the c*** up in defence and the referee’s  bizarre decision to override the linesman’s offside flag. He was also not booking their players when he clearly needed to. A referee who likes to be the centre of attention. The number of terrible referees in this league is horrific. 
We could have salvaged this, but too many players were off their game. Wildsmith, after being almost impeccable all season is beginning to worry me. 
The stand given to the away fans is poorly designed, with minimal legroom, insufficient exits and toilets. There was quite a lot of drunkenness, so when fights break out amongst the same team’s fans, there’s a problem.

So, nowhere near as enjoyable an experience as my last visit there, almost exactly ten years ago, when we won 2-1, with that great goal where Wisdom ran down the wing and crossed to the head of Chris Martin. 

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's more about the experience for younger fans than what's happening on the pitch.

Not a criticism, but if the performance doesn't allow them to do this sort of stuff, they'll just go elsewhere to carry on their day out.

You've only got to look around you at the end of the game to see the demographic of those who are there for the football and are prepared to see it out.

I'm surprised Barnsley get away with funnelling 5,000 away fans through one end of that concourse. It just seems unnecessary to create a potential problem that wouldn't exist if there was another set of turnstiles further round the back of the stand. 

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

FB_IMG_1677403163725.jpg

That picture looks like we've just conceded the 4th so that would be the 91st minute. I left after the 4th went in as the performance did not deserve a clap off the pitch. 

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

FB_IMG_1677403163725.jpg

I’m not sure that was the 85th minute.

I stayed until the end but moved nearer the exit on about the 90th minute. I had to negotiate my way past a few more than that photo suggests.

34 minutes ago, angieram said:

FB_IMG_1677403163725.jpg

That’s not the 85th minute, it says 4-1 on the score board. 

15 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

We hit the bar and missed at least two sitters. We were poor, you were okay.

image.thumb.png.f8fc462a43a71612a0e68404895b0209.png

It was probably one of the least "4-1" games I've seen. I don't remember many Barnsley chances created through their own football, but they were very effective with their high press. We dealt with that badly, and most of their chances came from us failing to clear our lines effectively. By contrast, we created allot of chances, two of which were tap-ins that we fluffed, and some of their defending was desperate in the second half, with several professional fouls (including the rugby tackle on NML) and almost Lincolnesque levels of timewasting (4 minutes of added time at the end - wtf?) Their manager will be delighted that they got away with it, in part due to the referee's performance. 

The most annoying aspect of the loss is that with even a modicum of the defensive composure we've shown under Warne, and a greater determination to finish those chances, we might even have won that. 

I'm sure Warne will be stressing to them how that game could have gone so differently. 

34 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I'm surprised Barnsley get away with funnelling 5,000 away fans through one end of that concourse. It just seems unnecessary to create a potential problem that wouldn't exist if there was another set of turnstiles further round the back of the stand. 

There is another set of turnstiles at the other end, and another exit.

5 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

There is another set of turnstiles at the other end, and another exit.

Yes, I saw those yesterday when I went to that end of the stand in my desperate search for a cup of tea without a massive queue. Never been down that end before.

How do you get to them? Is there an external walk around?

16 minutes ago, NIGHTMARE said:

That’s not the 85th minute, it says 4-1 on the score board. 

Fair dos, one of their fans posted it, said it was 85 mins.

Even if it's full time, there's not many of us left. I didn't notice as it was still quite busy near me, bottom right of stand.

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Fair dos, one of their fans posted it, said it was 85 mins.

Even if it's full time, there's not many of us left. I didn't notice as it was still quite busy near me, bottom right of stand.

It's whilst we were waiting to kick off after the 4th goal,  I went to leave after it went in and took an age to get to the exit, and when I looked back they were still celebrating, seemed like a good minutes worth of time after the goal, enough for the scoreboard to be altered, just surprised their keeper is in shot and he didn't go to join in