Bolton Wanderers (H) Sat 21st Jan

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

I don’t know what sort of wages they pay compared to us, but we are capped. And we, obviously, can’t give any transfer fees. Just smacks of sour grapes. 

They probably need educating that we can’t pay any transfer fees, we can’t pay any loan fees, we can’t pay any agents fees and our wages are capped - if they knew that they might have a slightly altered viewpoint 

7 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Apparently we are only better than Bolton because of our spending power!

Depressing reading that really. Still seems many think we're splashing the cash and have actually benefited from admin as opposed to nearly losing the club completely. You'd think a club that has been through dark times itself would have better 'educated' fans, but clearly they are just as dim as the Leeds and Forest trolls we've seen. Years of embargos, a wage cap, unable to renew contracts and no deals with fees. Them's the facts. Slagging off Evatt too seems a bit classless. He's another manager doing very well with seriously limited resources. Some fans are so feckin entitled in their thinking.

4 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

A few folk have said this was their game plan, but I really don’t think it was.  It what they were forced to do with our pressing.  Once we took away the ability of their goalie to go short, so they could build from the back, their two CBs had poo-ed it.  I was pretty shocked how crap those 2 were on the ball.  Warne & the coaches got the tactics spot on.

Was chatting to a Bolton fan in the car park after the game , he was like a tape recording of me when rosenior was here , says they want to play out from the back all the time but struggle when teams press them and don’t give them time on the ball , like us he was just really happy to still have a club to support after the last few years , we shook hands and said see you at Wembley ?

9 minutes ago, Archied said:

Was chatting to a Bolton fan in the car park after the game , he was like a tape recording of me when rosenior was here , says they want to play out from the back all the time but struggle when teams press them and don’t give them time on the ball , like us he was just really happy to still have a club to support after the last few years , we shook hands and said see you at Wembley ?

FA cup final?

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe a tad harsh on the referee. It looked out of play but the ref didn’t have the right angle to be able to tell if it had crossed the line or not especially as the ball was off the ground and no Derby players appealed. If it did go out of play then that’s on the assistant referee not the ref (IMO).

Wildsmith was going crazy, and he was probably in the best position to see whether the ball had gone out or not. I imagine the linos view was blocked by Fozzy. 

I was a bit harsh on the officials last night. On reflection, Simpson wasn't as bad as I feared, though he was reluctant to book their players for persistent fouling and he let them get away with some pretty clear cut shoves. On the flip side, he didn't buy any of their bogus penalty claims and he did play a very good advantage before our opener. 6/10

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

It looked easily in on telly , but the camera was on the half way line . I was in the South stand and had no chance of seeing properly. You HAD to be right in line to see it . Save the anger for one that really matters 

Watched it on the highlights and ball looked out to me.

Edited by Sheff Ram
Keyboard kept disappearing my phone!

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe a tad harsh on the referee. It looked out of play but the ref didn’t have the right angle to be able to tell if it had crossed the line or not especially as the ball was off the ground and no Derby players appealed. If it did go out of play then that’s on the assistant referee not the ref (IMO).

Wildsmith and a couple of others appealed to the lino, but we'd have got better officiating out of a bucket of lard placed halfway along the touchline.

5 hours ago, Chellaston Ram said:

This season is reminding of McClarens first spell, he took over mid season but couldn’t catch Leicester and Burnley. We were easily the third best team in the league but lost to QPR in the final. Let’s hope it’s not repeated again .

The only reason we didn't catch Burnley was a shocking bit of refereeing from Andy (or was it Bobby? Could have been either). ironically against Burnley. 

He had got it in for Chris Martin, and had already booked him. Chris was then tripped in the area, the ball broke loose and we put it in the net. Madley blew the whistle, which he could only do if there had been a foul or an offside, then booked Chris for diving, which was his second yellow. And he disallowed the goal, when he should have played the advantage. But if it was a dive, then it wasn't a foul, so he shouldn't have blown the whistle, and the goal should have stood. 

That goal would have put us in front against Burnley, and the way things were with Mac ! we would have gone on to win, and go above Burnley. We would have gone up automatically. And most unlike me, I don't think it was the EFL in those days, just a Madley ref.

6 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Wildsmith and a couple of others appealed to the lino, but we'd have got better officiating out of a bucket of lard placed halfway along the touchline.

Only Wildsmith appeared to appeal as far as I can see and that appeal was a little half hearted. Fozzy, the Derby player with the best view, makes no appeal at all. Unless it was because the goal didn't matter (dangerous as he couldn't possibly know how much longer was left) I'd expect him to be going ballistic if he thought the ball was over the line. In any event, I was defending the ref (not often any of us do that) not really the assistant ref.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Wildsmith was going crazy, and he was probably in the best position to see whether the ball had gone out or not. I imagine the linos view was blocked by Fozzy. 

I was a bit harsh on the officials last night. On reflection, Simpson wasn't as bad as I feared, though he was reluctant to book their players for persistent fouling and he let them get away with some pretty clear cut shoves. On the flip side, he didn't buy any of their bogus penalty claims and he did play a very good advantage before our opener. 6/10

I'm not sure Wildsmith was "going crazy" but what about Fozzy? No reaction at all other than disappointment that we'd conceded.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm not sure Wildsmith was "going crazy" but what about Fozzy? No reaction at all other than disappointment that we'd conceded.

He probably thought that there was simply no point, and a booking would be more costly in the long run?

21 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

The only reason we didn't catch Burnley was a shocking bit of refereeing from Andy (or was it Bobby? Could have been either). ironically against Burnley. 

Him, I go and watch Belper when Derby are away, Just recently my mate has brought his mate along to the games, Last Belper home game we were all in the Rifleman pub and for some reason the topic of refs came up, Mates mate mentioned that he met B Madley in a pub in Norway after Madley bailed from England for some twitter nonsense he posted, He said that Madley came over as arrogant and thought he was the bees knees, Now back in the UK plying his trade...again ? 

I know what you mean, I saw him.  But he, along with us knows how poor the refs and officials have been, so perhaps he just thought that it was less risky just to put up.