Bolton Wanderers (H) Sat 21st Jan

Decent game and a great result, we moved the ball well and kept things at a high pace throughout.  NML running back for the ball he lost further up field typifies our current attitude and way of playing.

Disappointing that we conceded but I thought that their player was offside, not see the highlights yet, but it look that way in the moment…

13 minutes ago, Srg said:

Just had the displeasure of listening to Charlie Palmer in the car on the way back. Managed a word per minute of roughly 4. 

He is a bit painful to listen to.  Made it worse that we were stuck in the go outdoors car park witnessing some trouble with some youf’s and the police ??

3 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

He is a bit painful to listen to.  Made it worse that we were stuck in the go outdoors car park witnessing some trouble with some youf’s and the police ??

That’s the trouble I saw, referred to it earlier. Looked like a large group 17/18 year old Bolton fans were giving it the big’un to a couple of Derby fans. Derby fans told them where to go and they cowered off, until they eventually realised there was significantly more of them. 

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Really measured and controlled performance from the lads today. Frustrated Bolton throughout and barely gave them a sniff until the final kick of the game while being super clinical at the same time. The score line really flatters them, though I’ll not be losing any sleep over that. They were very much second best today.

Quick doff of the cap to yet another MOTM performance from Barks too with both assists. He’s been our MVP in at least the last 3 or 4 games now and looks in prime form. A win against Port Vale will keep us firmly in the hunt. Made up with that performance, but then I seem to be every week right now. Long may it last.

COYR

Glad for Barks. He had some lovely first touches and was a threat all game but he and all the others can only do that because of Jason Knight. He is the one that makes those draws wins. That man is the most powerful terrier midfielder I have seen for many a day. He’s not Bryan Robson yet … but he’s heading in that direction. I was blown away by the effort and tenacity. you know when teams press hard and fight at the start of a game that eventually the “super boost” gets drained. Knight just switches fuel tanks and keeps going. For me that was a staggering performance.