Bolton Wanderers (H) Sat 21st Jan

8 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Good win. But do hope Cash and Sibs are back Tuesday.!

Be nice but I won't be losing sleep. They barely had a sniff today. Not sure what more you're expecting from them really and much as we'd like to, we can't field the same 11 for 50 games plus. Curtis has looked rusty I concede, but he did ok today and Roberts too given how little football he's had. Korey is dependable without being as creative as Sibley, but these are hardly poor replacements in this league IMO.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands
typo

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Be nice but I won't be losing sleep. They barely had a sniff today. Not sure what more you're expecting from them really and much as we'd like to, we can't field the same 11 for 50 games plus. Curtis has looked rusty I conceded but he did ok today and Roberts too given how little football he's had. Korey is dependable without being as creative as Sibley but these are hardly poor replacements in this league IMO.

Not saying they did badly considering their lack of match time .

But for all their league position Bolton had very little cutting thrust in the last third. 

Just that we are a better team with Cash and Sibs playing.

12 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I think it would be daft for anyone to think a playoff finish is a disappoint. We haven't been in the top 2 at any point this season. A playoff finish would be a fantastic effort. I wouldn't write off the top 2 though. Unlikely of course but we should really go for it, anything is possible.

It’s going to be natural for that to happen for some though. If we keep winning, keep playing well, but don’t get any closer it’s going to be disheartening.

There’s a long way to go, and we’re on course for a comfortable top 4 position which 99.9% of Derby fans would have snapped your hand off for at the start of the season.

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Be nice but I won't be losing sleep. They barely had a sniff today. Not sure what more you're expecting from them really and much as we'd like to, we can't field the same 11 for 50 games plus. Curtis has looked rusty I conceded but he did ok today and Roberts too given how little football he's had. Korey is dependable without being as creative as Sibley but these are hardly poor replacements in this league IMO.

These are key points, it’s going to be a squad effort until the end of the season, whoever comes in will know they have to perform given the standards our performances are setting. Today shows there’s no need for any histrionics pre match, wait and see how the games play out then comment on if x player was a let down or we missed y player. Thankfully Davies and Roberts did their jobs today, the team as a unit pressed and defended together, good win and on we go! ? 

3 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Not saying they did badly considering their lack of match time .

But for all their league position Bolton had very little cutting thrust in the last third. 

Just that we are a better team with Cash and Sibs playing.

I know you're not but your early posts weren't terribly positive. The fact is, if the lino wasn't blind, we'd have had a another clean sheet so I think we give credit where it's due and focus on the positives, of which there were plenty.

Also, you can say Bolton weren't good but someone says that about every team we beat and yet we were messing up against worse sides earlier in the season. As it is, they sit in tbe play-off slots after nearly 30 games so let's not pretend they can't play, because they can. We didn't let them today and that's the point I'm making.

On the prediction thread I really wasn't sure how it would go today. On paper it looked like we would squeeze a win given our 4th. position. Home advantage. Huge crowd behind us. Recent form.

I thought we'd be just about equal but would win the match by just one goal on balance.

Despite missing Cashin and Sibley we did brilliantly. Well done, lads! And thanks to all the hard working  staff at Pride Park who are bringing about such a positive vibe! Also thanks to the fans who nearly froze to death out there today. COYR!!?