One year on since the march

curb

19 minutes ago, curb said:

The end of January sees the anniversary of the March before the Birmingham game.

Has anyone had any thoughts on repeating it as a celebration of us still being alive and kicking?

It was such an emotional day and your sentiment is lovely but things like that are in response to circumstances at time.  Perhaps club could put montage of film together and/or get one of my main memories of day being Punjabi Rams drummers on pitch before closest home match date or somethhing. But sorry think march rerun would fall bit flat and hopefully we never need to do it again

19 hours ago, curb said:

The end of January sees the anniversary of the March before the Birmingham game.

Has anyone had any thoughts on repeating it as a celebration of us still being alive and kicking?

Not for me.

I'd fear it would fall flat on it's face, with a couple of thousand at most. 
The march was special, and unique.  It turned out to be much better attended than most expected, hit the headlines, and gave each and every one of us a feeling of immense pride, and some emotional memories.
We can hardly muster an in-ground atmosphere to be mega-proud of at the moment, let alone a 10K march.  Attempting a repeat risks making us look like a tin-pot L1 club!  

Celebrate by all means... just find a different way to do so.

...Anyway... who's up for a paper-hat-matchday.  What happens is, everyone turns up to the game wearing paper party hats, and blowing into those curly paper tooter things...
I'll start a new thread...  

?

20 hours ago, CBRammette said:

It was such an emotional day and your sentiment is lovely but things like that are in response to circumstances at time.  Perhaps club could put montage of film together and/or get one of my main memories of day being Punjabi Rams drummers on pitch before closest home match date or somethhing. But sorry think march rerun would fall bit flat and hopefully we never need to do it again

What I thought was great at the start of the season was the video they showed pre-game that ran through the highs and lows of last season and then led into the summer signings, the pre-season games and the first couple of games of this season. The club then stopped showing it. Obviously there is a potential to now have a video running for 30 minutes which is not suitable but perhaps an opportunity to take some of the highs and lows from last season and then link onto some of our great high points in the first half of this season? Something to show the reality of where we where just 12 months ago and we are now.

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not for me.

I'd fear it would fall flat on it's face, with a couple of thousand at most. 
The march was special, and unique.  It turned out to be much better attended than most expected, hit the headlines, and gave each and every one of us a feeling of immense pride, and some emotional memories.
We can hardly muster an in-ground atmosphere to be mega-proud of at the moment, let alone a 10K march.  Attempting a repeat risks making us look like a tin-pot L1 club!  

Celebrate by all means... just find a different way to do so.

...Anyway... who's up for a paper-hat-matchday.  What happens is, everyone turns up to the game wearing paper party hats, and blowing into those curly paper tooter things...
I'll start a new thread...  

?

You spoiled a good post with your last paragraph. 

Hats my arse!

We cannot replicate the march. It was a product of a unique feeling of togetherness and desperation of our fan base, this was a time when many of us felt extinction was beckoning for an institution that had served our community since before any of us were born. The march whilst beautiful to witness, showing off the very best characteristics not just of Derby but of football in general, was also horrifying in the sense we felt we had to do it at all. I genuinely hope no other fan base feels the need to march like we did in an attempt to highlight our club's plight and fight for survival. 

Everyone who participated should not only feel proud that they came out but have now entered Derby folklore. Generations will speak of that march not unlike we discuss the big European nights under the baseball ground lights. Except, in this version the fans are the heroes, the ones who stepped up and demanded resolutions. United not divided we all helped save the club from oblivion. For that reason I believe the club should mark that date every year with some kind of tribute.

Perhaps a video with players and former management with what it meant to them would be appropriate as well as interviewing fans who participated on the march accompanied by the silent drone footage which shows the sheer scale of it all. If we got to Wembley instead of playing steve bloomer's watching I'd see if I could get that shown pre-match tbh. 

On 02/01/2023 at 11:52, curb said:

I think it's a great idea, I had thought similar - Maybe try and get the various supporters groups championing it? If the right voices are heard, it will happen....

10 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

We cannot replicate the march. It was a product of a unique feeling of togetherness and desperation of our fan base, this was a time when many of us felt extinction was beckoning for an institution that had served our community since before any of us were born. The march whilst beautiful to witness, showing off the very best characteristics not just of Derby but of football in general, was also horrifying in the sense we felt we had to do it at all. I genuinely hope no other fan base feels the need to march like we did in an attempt to highlight our club's plight and fight for survival. 

Everyone who participated should not only feel proud that they came out but have now entered Derby folklore. Generations will speak of that march not unlike we discuss the big European nights under the baseball ground lights. Except, in this version the fans are the heroes, the ones who stepped up and demanded resolutions. United not divided we all helped save the club from oblivion. For that reason I believe the club should mark that date every year with some kind of tribute.

Perhaps a video with players and former management with what it meant to them would be appropriate as well as interviewing fans who participated on the march accompanied by the silent drone footage which shows the sheer scale of it all. If we got to Wembley instead of playing steve bloomer's watching I'd see if I could get that shown pre-match tbh. 

Agree totally, it was the thought that our club could dissapear into the history books, and probably would have if it had not been for our saviour DC. So could never be replicated in my  opinion. Next big  celebration when we win  promotion to the prem hopefully?

23 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Agree totally, it was the thought that our club could dissapear into the history books, and probably would have if it had not been for our saviour DC. So could never be replicated in my  opinion. Next big  celebration when we win  promotion to the prem hopefully?

What about the league one and FA cup double.?

31 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I’ve seen two league titles and although I wouldn’t refuse another one I’d love to see an FA Cup win before I turn up my toes 

Not beyond the realm of possibility the way things are going.  The type of teams that get put out get worse each year.  In 10 years you might see Belper winning it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...