Bolton Wanderers (A) Tues 27th Dec, 3pm KO

7 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

We need more quality going forward, without any compromise on power and pace. With the EFL embargo those types of player are almost impossible to get. I’d like to see Osula get more game time as we are already well aware of Collins limitations.

Agree, We do struggle to score against teams in the top 6. But we have to hand it to Warne - who would have thought Fozzie and Cashin would work at Centre- back?

"...Rams head coach Warne said: "My initial emotions are we got away with one because they could have scored in the last second of the game.

"But generally speaking, I thought it was two pretty good teams in horrendous conditions. I know from afar it looks all right but the pitch was lively.com. I thought it was going to be a game defined by an error rather than a great bit of play truth be told. That could have been a long throw that hit someone on the side of the face and hit someone's backside and goes in. That's how it felt.

"I just felt in the first half when we had the opportunity to really hurt them our final pass was just off. We had a chance to put Nat and Tom in, but the pass was just a little bit off. We were a threat from set-pieces. Knighty could have scored, Collo could have scored. I am very biased and their manager might say different, but I cannot see how that wasn't a penalty or a foul at least.

"They said it wasn't a foul but it looked like assault from where I was, but I am biased. Apart from that, we kept a clean sheet which is good. Obviously I want more, but generally speaking I am happy."

41 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

We need more quality going forward, without any compromise on power and pace. With the EFL embargo those types of player are almost impossible to get. I’d like to see Osula get more game time as we are already well aware of Collins limitations.

Think 15 mins for Osula would have been a lot better than the 5 he got…

Got to commend Warne for making us a stubborn side who are difficult to beat, but the we severely lack guile further up the pitch. Barkhausen has to do more for me as does Hourihane, and Bird. We are on the right track, and hopefully getting a lb and Rb will enable us to get Sibley further up the pitch! 

52 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Agree, We do struggle to score against teams in the top 6.

Against the top 6 other teams (excluding ourselves, so Plymouth, Ipswich, Sheff Wed, Barnsley, Bolton, and Wycombe), under Rosenior we played 3, won 2, scored 6, while under Warne we have played 3, won 0, scored 0.