The Derby De-brief on Rams TV

Ellafella

@Owen87ITK& Sean Barker do a great job of summarising games; it’s become a must-watch for me. Sean Barker is a very insightful analyst and I think he reads the game very well. I appreciate he’s a former footballer so should understand the game very well but it doesn’t always follow that very good former professional players make great analysts.

One feature that I’d like to see though: how about a supporter who has been at the game joining in to give their reaction and analysis? The objective is purely to bring the fans’ view in so the fan doesn’t have to be as expert as say Owen and Sean - the enthusiasm and passion would add another dimension. Thoughts anyone? 

41 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

@Owen87ITK& Sean Barker do a great job of summarising games; it’s become a must-watch for me. Sean Barker is a very insightful analyst and I think he reads the game very well. I appreciate he’s a former footballer so should understand the game very well but it doesn’t always follow that very good former professional players make great analysts.

One feature that I’d like to see though: how about a supporter who has been at the game joining in to give their reaction and analysis? The objective is purely to bring the fans’ view in so the fan doesn’t have to be as expert as say Owen and Sean - the enthusiasm and passion would add another dimension. Thoughts anyone? 

Its a great idea on the face of it except that you could get 100 of us together and we'd have 100 different takes on things, it wouldn't be the fans view, it'd be just that one fan's view.

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

You know what bile and hatred was spewed at the last supporter to go on TV talking about the Rams?

Maybe they could have a slot where fans can request a second look at an incident during the match. There is usually at least one occasion when you think that somebody should/shouldn't have had a yellow/red card, but the incident isn't picked up during the highlights package. It could be an example of good/bad play, which would benefit from a second showing.

5 hours ago, KBB said:

Owen "Im delighted to be joined by former derby captain Barker and also Gaz from the South stand who has had 6 pints of carling. So Gaz what did you think of the performance"

Gaz (inhaling deeply) "THEY DOCKED US 21 POINTS"

Owen (cutting in) "please join us next week....."

You forgot the belch followed by the ?over Shaun Barker’s Versace pixie boots. ?

On 18/12/2022 at 20:39, uttoxram75 said:

Its a great idea on the face of it except that you could get 100 of us together and we'd have 100 different takes on things, it wouldn't be the fans view, it'd be just that one fan's view.

What’s wrong with that though? ?‍♂️

6 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I’m still waiting for the fans to be seen on the big screens celebrating when the grounds were empty due to Covid.

I’m also thinking of getting my hair dyed to get on TV with my Aberdeenshire Rams flag.

But firstly I might need to either get a good wig or a hair transplant or both.

95F58AF5-5088-4D42-97CE-5C3BB96FE91F.jpeg

It is a serious suggestion & btw not a form of back-door self-promotion - I personally wouldn’t want to do it. There are lots of posters on here with great football knowledge & who read football well. However, as I said , it isn’t football expertise that’s needed - let OB and SB provide that; it’s about adding dimensionality in the form of the Fan’s view. It’s bringing fans closer to the Club. Could even have a slot entitled “From the Armchair” wherein the camera cuts to @Boycie at home to bring his perspectives; I’m seeing something like Cyril Fletcher from the days of That’s Life! 

57EAF0D0-D707-4A13-B203-80F923BE5BF8.jpeg

Edited by Ellafella

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

It is a serious suggestion & btw not a form of back-door self-promotion - I personally wouldn’t want to do it. There are lots of posters on here with great football knowledge & who read football well. However, as I said , it isn’t football expertise that’s needed - let OB and SB provide that; it’s about adding dimensionality in the form of the Fan’s view. It’s bringing fans closer to the Club. Could even have a slot entitled “From the Armchair” wherein the camera cuts to @Boycie at home to bring his perspectives; I’m seeing something like Cyril Fletcher from the days of That’s Life! 

57EAF0D0-D707-4A13-B203-80F923BE5BF8.jpeg

I love a velvet smoking jacket me.

On 18/12/2022 at 19:55, Ellafella said:

Ahaha Ella, reminds me when I had a camera crew from Derby tag along for Derby day 5 odd years ago..

Told the camera crew they needed to be round my house for 6ish as into the pub for 7 odd, it was an early kick off...

They followed me throughout the day and were even buying everyone Jager's, can't ever imagine why.. All a good laugh though but I went to meet Bryso before the game if I recall (could be another game mind) in Frankie's but didn't want the camera there for that as felt it would be imposing. Kind of weird having a camera next to you in the stands as well but a few beers down and you kind of forget..

I think the whole fan view element is pretty much wrapped up in fans TV podcasts and what not. George (eldest lad) who I go with is always watching them on the Sunday. Not sure it would quite work in a studio as would be censored some what and you can't really say well X Y or Z was dog sh*t today...