Forest Green Rovers (H) Sat 17th Dec

Great win, bring on the next game. 

Can all the misery guts please stop and just enjoy today for once. Moaning about Warnes explaination of his Christmas Day at home or his style of play that is so turgid is just absolutely boring. 

Enjoy your Christmas, smile, life could be worse. We’re in a s*** state and we’re doing ok, cheer up jeysussss. 

Merry Christmas. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Great game. Some lovely football played. We picked them apart at will.

I can't see what there could possibly be to moan about other than Knighty should have scored! ?

Great reaction stop by the keeper in truth, got down low and tipped it wide, I’d normally say I can’t believe the officials missed it…but I can believe it 

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Great game. Some lovely football played. We picked them apart at will.

I can't see what there could possibly be to moan about other than Knighty should have scored! ?

13 minutes ago, Magicman said:

He is so fast he left his brain at Everton !!

Think you might underestimate people like @Magicman.  Can find a cloud in any silver lining.

6 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Warne not too happy with performance on RD, hard man to please ?

Starting to reveal a different side to the relentlessly happy-chappy, chirpy gaffer. Seems to be demanding nothing short of the players' absolute best and in fairness, they were very good today. Suspect there's a dose of kiddology in his comments in any case and it's certainly a nice place to be with Xmas just around the corner. It's also good that the likes of Didzy can get a week's recovery into their legs before we go again and we're starting to become a really tough team to beat, even when we're not bang on it. 

I thought Warne was spot on with his comments after the game. We were sloppy and had FGR scored at 2 nil, I think we would have struggled to move up a gear. However, after we scored the third, the same players (with a deflated FGR) showed much greater appetite for the ball and actually passed it well. I would have loved another 10 mins to get another goal as were playing some really nice football at that point 

9 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

I thought Warne was spot on with his comments after the game. We were sloppy and had FGR scored at 2 nil, I think we would have struggled to move up a gear. However, after we scored the third, the same players (with a deflated FGR) showed much greater appetite for the ball and actually passed it well. I would have loved another 10 mins to get another goal as were playing some really nice football at that point 

Was it the same players?

They were never in the game, a couple of chances was all. We stepped up at will. Won't be able to do that against all the teams in this league, was Warney's point no doubt.

36 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Starting to reveal a different side to the relentlessly happy-chappy, chirpy gaffer. Seems to be demanding nothing short of the players' absolute best and in fairness, they were very good today. Suspect there's a dose of kiddology in his comments in any case and it's certainly a nice place to be with Xmas just around the corner. It's also good that the likes of Didzy can get a week's recovery into their legs before we go again and we're starting to become a really tough team to beat, even when we're not bang on it. 

We were a bit sloppy in the first half. We are miles ahead of Forest Green and it shows. But we need to up our game for the better teams. 

3 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Think the issue is in a 442, where is knight a must start?

outwide would argue nml and barkhuizen create and score more, maybe cm but means dropping bird or hourihane which warne doesn’t seem to want to do.

I’d argue he’s a better right back than smith! 

needs to find a position and get a starting place nailed down.

I’m no master tactician but Knight starts for me whatever the formation. I wonder if he’s still got a niggle - or if there’s a move lined up