Forest Green Rovers (H) Sat 17th Dec

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

They’re playing wingbacks. Our wingers are occupying them, and it’s leaving both our fullbacks completely open.  So Sibley has all the time in the world to do whatever he wants.

Really good point, Smith has had a couple of positive moments too, overlapping runs and a couple of crosses in. We’re playing well if a little shaky at the back, however we’ve kept it goal less, scored a couple and created some good chances. Nicely poised for the second half, could be some space on the counter for Dobbin/Osula if Forest Green chase the game second half

8 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

You've got a terrible memory my friend

So we didnt play pointless passing football under LR ??… erm yer we did

rooney actually played quite a nice blend of football, we certainly overplayed at times under him but also tried to press hard and harness the youthful exuberance that was forced upon us due to our embargo / administration situation.

rooney was hindered by the obvious embargo / admin and lack of balance of players age wise .. basically a handful of really old players and a load of fast tracked kids

My memory is fine thanks duck, might want to get yours checked over though lol

Edited by NottsRam77

1 minute ago, Yani P said:

Hourihane gets some stick (quite right too in many instances) but some of his deliveries today have been superb.

He’s just not got the legs in midfield at times, I’d love to see Knight in there with Bird and Hourihane or another defensive midfielder to free Hourihane up further forwards 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

So we didnt play pointless passing football under LR ??… erm yer we did

rooney actually played quite a nice blend of football, we certainly overplayed at times under him but also tried to press hard and harness the youthful exuberance that was forced upon us due to our embargo / administration situation.

rooney was hindered by the obvious embargo / admin and lack of balance of players age wise .. basically a handful of really old players and a load of fast tracked kids

My memory is fine thanks duck, might want to get yours checked over though 

Still droning on about a manager who's long gone.

5 minutes ago, Yani P said:

We have gone very flat 2nd half.

I would hook Collins off he is a red card waiting to happen.

We need to up the tempo and keep going. We could get 5 or 6 here if we keep pressing.

Yep, Warne says in a lot of interviews about how they like to make subs but he often seems to time them wrong or select the wrong changes in my view. Collins is a red card waiting to happen, I think he should be using Osula or Dobbin for pace now, could bring Knight or Thommo on for legs in midfield. 
But then again, I’m a fat bloke sat at home and he’s a professional football manager ??‍♂️ ? 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram