Torquay v Derby (A) Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, DerbyRam! said:

Why the f do they have camera's in the torquay dressing room and display when the manager is giving the HT talk?

As much as people may want to see, leave football as it is!

I guess ITV are paying them for the privilege. Can't blame Torquay to make as much as they can out of the day. Though I also don't like it.

10 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Sorry to disagree- clear foul by the defender 

In the Prem that's a penalty given by VAR, Ref gives us a free kick in our half for the exact same thing a little later.

A bloody awful watch, Sibley had better chill if he's still on in the 2nd half, Cashin has a mistake still in him, NML running the show, Collins crossing instead of being the target.

Dobbin should hit the target, But seen many efforts like that going the same way

Torquay are what they are...big lads who hope to get on the end of a cross...nowt else.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sibley was unfortunate to be booked later for trying to control a high ball on the end of his boot.

I thought the Torquay player was more at fault because he charged in late for a challenge he'd already lost. But I was relieved it was only a yellow card because I've seen some refs give similar as red. 

The push on Dobbin was a penalty, the defender made no attempt to play the ball. 

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

If this was given against Derby you’d have been saying EFL refs have an agenda. Not even close to a penalty.

No I wouldn’t because it’s clearly a foul. If Derby players commit a foul in the box it’s a penalty. Simple as that. I’m not some fanatical idiot. Answer this:

1. Is pushing allowed in football or is it a foul?

2. Did the defender push our player who took the ball past him?

Simple yes or no please. 

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I do, so my opinion on him is that his pace and directness can be an asset for the side, he’s got a bit of skill too, he needs to work on his composure in front of goal and that will come in time with more practice and confidence if/when he does score some more. He can be wasteful and frustrating at times, which I think is your observation, that doesn’t make him “the most wasteful striker we’ve had for years”, especially when he’s only played a limited number of games in comparison to others down the years. 

I’ve been frustrated with him and wondered what he offered. Today I’ve tried to look at the good and there’s a lot to like. The criticisms about his finishing are valid, but he’s getting into those positions. Hopefully once he gets a couple, he’ll relax and the goals will flow.