January Window

1of4

Hoping one or two loans may materialise before the window shuts, particularly if Warne is saying he’s being offered players “for free” who earlier in the window wouldn’t have been free.

A full-back who can play either side would free up both Sibley and Smith to play in midfield in the instance that someone like Bird is injured, seeing as he’s come off tonight.

A striker is definitely needed. Not necessarily a starter, but when we have one of McG and Collins out like tonight, we really lack the ability to change things up. Another option could make a big difference.

18 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Hoping one or two loans may materialise before the window shuts, particularly if Warne is saying he’s being offered players “for free” who earlier in the window wouldn’t have been free.

A full-back who can play either side would free up both Sibley and Smith to play in midfield in the instance that someone like Bird is injured, seeing as he’s come off tonight.

A striker is definitely needed. Not necessarily a starter, but when we have one of McG and Collins out like tonight, we really lack the ability to change things up. Another option could make a big difference.

Preferably one who can head the ball 

I know we love a scapegoat and I moan about people moaning, but like I've previously said, thank god Collins scores goals in league 1 because he's general play is awful. He's up there with the slowest forwards I've ever seen, his hold up play for a "physical player" is none existent, and his dribbling ability is how I imagine forest gump to look if he dribbled the ball wearing his leg braces.

We need a mobile striker as an option, but what I'd do to have Kazim Richards instead of Collins.

But beggars can't be choosers.

Just now, Diego said:

Warne telling Dawes he’s hopeful of one to come in. 

Referenced, a striker and a RB. Particularly now Smith will fill in for Bird.

20 minutes ago, SK47 said:

He's up there with the slowest forwards I've ever seen, his hold up play for a "physical player" is none existent, and his dribbling ability is how I imagine forest gump to look if he dribbled the ball wearing his leg braces.

First touch is one of the most important skills for a Pro footballer, along with passing and the correct body shape when shooting ( see Gladys on YouTube). James Collins gives it is all and looks like a bloke who has just completed a Charles Atlas course and won’t be having sand kicked in his face. You wouldn’t bet against him scoring the goal that gets us promoted, but we defo need another striker option ASAP.

51 minutes ago, McMuffin said:

Plange to Lincoln? If we don’t sign a striker why were we not in for him?

His wages may well be high and his agent may want paying but the biggest issue is probably you have to play him in every game if he is fit - I wouldn’t want that situation