FA cup

Foreveram

11 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I go back to the 70s, FA cup games were wonderful to watch, real occasions back then??

The 3rd round was special, Listening on the radio to see who we got...yes a home draw...that'll do nicely, Now it's just another game sadly, 26000 there when we played them in the league, It seems those who are not going are in the majority...including myself, I've stopped dancing to the TVs tune.

13 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Don't think the weather has much bearing on it tbf 

It's just an extremely unattractive fixture.

I saw Altrincham vs Halifax on Boxing Day and would on balance watch another non league game for the same admission price rather than that fixture. 

When Mickleover Sports are playing and the Rams are not I go to watch them. I pay £8 to watch them. I have only paid £6 for the Barnsley game. Secondly, I am a Derby County supporter and I would never consider going to watch another game if I could watch the Rams.

49 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

When Mickleover Sports are playing and the Rams are not I go to watch them. I pay £8 to watch them. I have only paid £6 for the Barnsley game. Secondly, I am a Derby County supporter and I would never consider going to watch another game if I could watch the Rams.

I do the same Brailsford...only Belper Town, £7 to get in and an afternoon on the lash...a good day out?

14 hours ago, Foreveram said:

I think they might have to open up some more areas.

Only 1,740 tickets left, 579 of them in the east stand, the rest in the South stand.

Over 800 tickets sold today. 

Don’t miss out.

2 more blocks open in East Stand so a total of 2,379 tickets now available. I understand Barnsley have sold about 850 tickets, so might yet get close to 10k.

Regarding the debate about standing or sitting at football matches, I know most of it is centred around away games but looking at the tickets sold against Barnsley, if you accept that generally people in the South stand want to stand and people in the East stand want to sit, given a clear choice with the same price structure and tickets available for both, this is the result

South stand tickets sold 1,973

East stand tickets sold 4,552

29 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Is it on rams player?

No but it is on Israeli, Norwegian and US TV.

Don't understand the approach to the FA cup staggering KO times - unless it's because they're using VAR and they don't have the capacity to monitor every game.

32 minutes ago, ossieram said:

How many people who are calling it a pointless competition or complaining about the time of the match will be begging for tickets if we draw either Manchester team in the next round?

The kick off time doesn’t bother me at all. Neither does the fact it’s a Sunday (although I do think part of the reason the FA Cup has lost some of it’s magic is because of all the staggered kick off times). I don’t normally do home cup matches but I will be there on Sunday as Barnsley are my wife’s home town. I doubt I’d go if we drew either Manchester team at home. 

Can’t understand the KO time, but we (lad, dad and I) have our tickets in the East stand, from our normal ones in the North.

Should be a decent game, and it would be nice to progress and get one of the big boys, or even the Gumps…