FA cup

Foreveram

After wall to wall coverage of our early games in this competition from TV I am sure our home tie against barnsley will be one of their selected matches in this round....

Or maybe they were just hoping we would get knocked out by a "minnow" in a "giant killing" that they could crow about for a week and then instantly forget about as soon as the "big boys" come to play.

Happy enough with that. I’m quite sure Barnsley hold the same opinion to many on here. Home draw and winnable. Do for me…..

Pet Hates with the draw

1) JUST TURN THE DUCKING BAG INSIDE OUT. Instead of fretting about all the balls out, feeling the bag (no innuendo intended ??

2) Give em a proper spin every time. I’m aware that won’t affect the balance of same division teams playing each other but show some intent. 

3) Is Accrington manager the most miserable man to walk this Earth, dear god

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

Happy enough with that. I’m quite sure Barnsley hold the same opinion to many on here. Home draw and winnable. Do for me…..

Pet Hates with the draw

1) JUST TURN THE DUCKING BAG INSIDE OUT. Instead of fretting about all the balls out, feeling the bag (no innuendo intended ??

2) Give em a proper spin every time. I’m aware that won’t affect the balance of same division teams playing each other but show some intent. 

3) Is Accrington manager the most miserable man to walk this Earth, dear god

Indeed - original “sick as a parrot Laa” Scouser. Felt certain he was going to mention us and how they “was robbed”. 

BTW did the Beeb just round up 35 scousers off the street 5 minutes before it started? ?‍♂️

“Pet hates with the FA Cup draw” is worthy of a Post all of its own.

1 hour ago, KBB said:

After wall to wall coverage of our early games in this competition from TV I am sure our home tie against barnsley will be one of their selected matches in this round....

Or maybe they were just hoping we would get knocked out by a "minnow" in a "giant killing" that they could crow about for a week and then instantly forget about as soon as the "big boys" come to play.

I’d be very surprised if it is selected. It’s neither a glamour tie or a potential giant killing.

18 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

And then everyone will want a ticket ?

Its the way of the world unfortunately.

Many of us would go to every match if money and family/work commitments allowed. I only attend a couple or so away games nowadays compared to almost every away game between 1973-1983 for instance.

COYR, see you at Wembley ?

9 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Many of us would go to every match if money and family/work commitments allowed. I only attend a couple or so away games nowadays compared to almost every away game between 1973-1983 for instance.

I appreciate and fully understand that, but there is also a large number of season ticket holders that couldn’t be bothered to go to the Torquay home game but would want to be at the front of the queue for a Wembley ticket ( not that it’s going to happen)?

15 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Same here.

The downside of winning at Newport is that Port Vale was on my list for new away grounds this season but mid-week games aren't easy for me.

17 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I appreciate and fully understand that, but there is also a large number of season ticket holders that couldn’t be bothered to go to the Torquay home game but would want to be at the front of the queue for a Wembley ticket ( not that it’s going to happen)?

Nah...not me ?